Chapter 13 - In the Sunset, You and I

It was after school and Horikita just dashed out of the class. I was nodding at Kiyo when he looked at me indicating all is alright.

"Kikyo-chan, yesterday Ayanokouji-kun told me Horikita didn't want us to join. But I figured we can take Okitani-kun with us. Have you invited him?"

"Daijoubu~ He agreed. Don't mind."

"Alright let's go to the library."

Kikyo go to Okitani-kun then we walked out of the class. Ike, Yamauchi, and Sudou are waiting in the hallway in front of the class.

"Kushida-chan we've waited for you for a while."

"Sorry, I need to invite Okitani-kun. Let's go."

It will take us around five minutes to arrive at the library. I wonder how Horikita's reaction today seeing me and Kikyo joining today.

"To think Horikita-san wants to teach us. She might be kinder than we thought." Ike opens up the conversation.

"Un! I think so too. Even though Horikita-san looks cold but she is kind enough to care about our grades. I hope we can become good friends." Kikyo agrees with Ike wholeheartedly.

"Is Yuri-chan going to teach us today?" Ike asks me hopefully.

"Un...I don't think so. Horikita is doing the teaching. I'll hover a while to make sure all is alright." Teaching Ike and Yamauchi might lose me a few strands of my hair due to frustration. I'm sure Kikyo would happily take the mantle though.

"Well, the test is not a problem for me. I just sprained my arm so it's hard to write during the test." Yamauchi boasts confidently. Is he not ashamed of his bullshit? Did he think anyone would believe what he said?

"You liar! I remember your arm is good that day!" Ike denies Yamauchi openly. I tried hard not to laugh.

"No! I did, it is you who didn't know because I didn't tell you." 

"Yamauchi-kun, Ike-kun don't fight. Let's be good friends okay?" Kikyo tried to dissuade their fight. Kikyo-chan is such an angel.

It was silent for a while when Ike talks again. "Okitani-kun I remember you pass the test."

"Yes, but just barely. I'm afraid I won't pass the next test. So, I join."

Ike, Yamauchi, Okitani, and Kikyo are walking together while talking. While I walk in the back with Sudou.

"Tch! What a waste of training time. Studying won't make any change." Suddenly Sudou said dissatisfiedly. He thinks basketball training is more important than this studying.

"But you might get expelled if you didn't pass the test. I think the school is seriously expelling the students." Sudou needs to understand how important it is. I don't want Kiyo to spend 50,000 points just to save him.

"The test is really hard. Do you think I can pass if I join this study group?"

"Well... I don't know. But you won't know if you don't try." I know he did have great potential. Especially after the sports festival. He progress a lot.

"As I thought it is useless. Someone as smart as you won't understand."

"Well, I think you will get a better score if you invest some time and effort into studying. You also spent a lot of time training that's why you are that good. I will tell you a secret. Actually, I hate studying too. Hate is a lighter word, detest is closer."

"Really?" Sudou looks doubtful.

"Yes. Do you know I am a violinist?"

"I think I may have heard about that." Sudou pondered.