𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧

__________________________

𝐏eeta soon wandered off back to Katniss and Quinn shuffled towards Finnick who was sitting at the edge of the water while the waves crashed gently right at his feet

𝐏eeta soon wandered off back to Katniss and Quinn shuffled towards Finnick who was sitting at the edge of the water while the waves crashed gently right at his feet. "Hey" She spoke while taking a seat next to him. "Hey, how you doing?" He asked turning to face her. "Not exactly living my best life but you know" She jested.

"𝐈 see you and the bakers boy seem to be getting rather cozy" Finnick jeered a hint of jealousy in his tone. "Finnick Odair are you Jealous??" Quinn was dumbfounded by the boys sudden attitude. She watched as his dimples deepened in his cheeks as he smiled at the ground. "No, just curious" He returned shaking his head in protest. "Hm, correct me if I'm wrong but that sounded like jealousy right there" She leaned back while throwing her hands up in defence. The two looked at each other for a moment, holding one another's stares before Quinn nervously broke the tension between them.

"𝐊atniss and Peeta, they're planning something" She said turning to glare at the boy and girl from twelve. "You sure?" Finnick turned while furrowing his brows in confusion. "It's obvious, the whispers, the glances they share, first chance they'll get they're gone" The girl from 5 stated before continuing rambling on. "I don't blame them. Once we kill the rest of the careers who knows what'll happen, they just don't want to be the ones who strike first. Or possibly—" She was cut off from her informative speech from Finnick's soft chuckles.

"𝐈'm sorry, is something funny Odair?" The girl questioned feeling insulted by his sudden action. "You're such a pessimist" He grinned, nudging her shoulder. "Why do you always expect the worst!" He turned to meet the stunned look plastered on the girls face. "I—am simply making observations! And, my research shows that Katniss would do anything to protect that boy, something you can never really trust!" Quinn replied exaggerating slightly while defending herself. "It's called being in love, grumpy pants" Finnick replied nonchalantly.

"𝐖e'll excuse me for not buying it!"Quinn retorted. Finnick stood while dusting the sand off his pants and offering the girl a hand, to which she happily took. Quinn gasped meeting the boy mere inches away from his face. The tension could be cut with a pair of scissors. She felt as his body heat radiated off of him and landed on her. How his breath tingled her neck and his fingers intertwined with hers. "You're a terrible liar" He whispered quietly enough for just her to hear while looking her up and down attractively leaving her red in the face and embarrassed in the slightest.

𝐒he wanted to give a snarky reply but she couldn't figure out the right words to say. All she could do was stand there awkwardly as he returned to the others.

***

"𝐈 have a plan" Beetee proposed as Johanna called over Quinn who still stood speechless at the edge of the water. The girl huddled with the group as everyone shuffled forward to here what the genius man had to offer. "I have a plan. Where do the careers feel the safest? The jungle?". "The jungles a nightmare" Johanna responded quickly. "Probably here on the beach" Peeta suggested. "Then why are they not here?" The man questioned. "Because we are, we claimed it" the girl replied once again.

𝐐uinn listened intently as the group conversed with each other.  "And if we left they would come?" Beetee asked. "Or stay hidden in the tree line" Finnick retorted. "Which in just over four hours will be soaked from the ten o'clock wave. And what happens at midnight?" He continued. "Lightning strikes that tree" Katniss spoke prompting her head in the trees direction. "I feel like I'm in kindergarten, is this going anywhere?" Quinn huffed in annoyance leaning back onto the tree both her and Finnick were leaning on.

𝐓he boy from 4 gave her a disapproving look as the girl rolled her eyes in response. "Yes yes, I'm getting to my point" The man stuttered over his words as she looked at him unsatisfied. "Play nice" Finnick leaned over and whispered in her ear as she gruffed before turning her attention back the bespectacled man. "Here's what I propose. We leave the beach at dusk. We head to the lightning tree" He explained while pausing between sentences, his tone sounding like an odd robot or sports commentator.

"𝐓hat should draw them back to the beach. Prior to midnight we then run this wire from the tree to the water. Anyone in the water or in the damp sand will be electrocuted" Quinn scrunched the sand up in her hand. The plan sounded promising though there were a few flaws. Despite coming from the district of power and electricity, the girl had known nothing of the sort. "How do we know the wires not just gonna burn up?" Johanna questioned possessing the same level of annoyance as the girl from 5.

"𝐁ecause I invented it. I assure you, it won't burn up" Beetee answered. "Unless you have a better plan?" The man asked, an odd sense of pride reigning through this voice. "Yeah actually I do, corner them and slit their throats" Quinn scoffed as she was met by blank looks of disapproval by the rest of the group. "I'm serious. I mean what are they gonna do when six highly skilled killers are coming at them, knives in hand. We can take down Brutus first, he's big so he's an easy target. Then take out Enorbaria, who knows she might feel so threatened that she'll surrender" Quinn explained intently as everyone looked at her dumbfounded by both her genuine seriousness and lack of morals.

𝐅inally the girl looked up to meet everyone's eyes watching her. "What?" She said unfazed. "Odair, control your pet" Johanna hissed while Quinn gave her a cold look. "So what d'you think?" Beetee spoke up, freeing the group of the awkward silence that had absorbed them. "Yeah why not. If it fails, no harm done anyway, right?" Katniss agreed. "I agree with Katniss" Peeta nodded in agreement. She should've known the boy would always side with her. Johanna sighed but ultimately obliged which left the vote to Finnick and Quinn who were the only two remaining victors.

𝐅innick instinctively looked at her for reassurance. The girl on fire watched their eyes flicker back and fourth between each other. It was hard to read the girls expressions. The bakers boy watched as the pair seemed to have been telepathically communicating with their eyes, going along the lines of something roughly like this. 'Quinn..'. 'What?'. 'It's a good plan'. 'Mines better'. 'Don't be like that'. Silence. 'Come on'. 'Fine'. She huffed before finally nodding in assurance. "Fine. Why not, like Katniss said, no harm done anyways right?"

|𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧|