𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞 | 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞

__________________________________________

𝐀 knock sounded at the door of Quinn's chambers

𝐀 knock sounded at the door of Quinn's chambers. "Go away!" She growled, in no mood for visitors. But despite her protests the door still creaked open. Katniss walked in with a glum look on her face and a dreadful groan escaped Quinn's mouth. "You really don't stop, don't you?" Said the Victor from 5 with a watchful gaze on the mockingjay, who had slowly come to a stop not far from her and shifted her expression to an unreadable one.

"𝐆et out" Quinn ordered, turning her gaze back to the window. "Qui—" Katniss tried but was cut off. "—you know, out of everyone in that room, I never thought that you would be the one to agree to that" She snapped. "I thought that you, Katniss Everdeen, the girl who despised the hunger games more than anything in the world, would see how insane it was" The girl continued. "Quinn!" Katniss yelled, causing Quinn to shift away slightly in shock. Katniss instantly whipped her head towards the door and Quinn watched as a look of paranoia flooded the girls face.

"𝐋ook I don't have much time" Katniss began while the Victor from 5 raised an intrigued eyebrow. "Do you still have knives?" She asked. "Of course I do" Quinn almost scoffed as she pulled back her shirt revealing her belt of knives strapped around her. "What does that have to do with anything?" She questioned with confusion. "You want your revenge? Wear them to the execution, and wait for my signal" Was all Katniss said before drifting away to the door. "Huh? Katniss wai—" But she was already gone by the time Quinn could continue her sentence.

***

𝐀nd so that's what she did. As the hours passed and time came for Snow's execution, Quinn listened to Katniss's instruction and wore her knives, hidden under a lengthy grey coat that fell right beneath her hips. The crisp air that signifies the shift from winter to spring, swept through Quinn's hair that fell loosely over her shoulders. Peeta stood to the left of her with Johanna standing beside him, Quinn being stood closest to the path Katniss was currently walking down. Across on the other side of the pathway was Haymitch, Enorbaria, and Beetee in his wheelchair.

𝐒he had to admit, Katniss looked pretty intimidating in her whole Mockingjay set up. The only noise was that of the drums beating as Katniss strut down the walkway, and the whistle of the wind that seemed to have some sort of intellectual role in the whole propaganda, as it just so happened to waver when the Mockingjay came to her stop. The crowd of rebels soon curled closer to the front but stopped just far enough away that Quinn didn't feel their hungry presences breathing down her neck.

𝐇er hands curled in her pockets as she tried to escaped the multiple chills creeping down her body all the way to her toes. Through the thin layer of fabric in her pockets and finger grazed carefully over her tiny little bump that brought her a sort of Euphoria during the gruesome moment. Enough to put the smallest of smiles on her face and give her a slightest bit of hope for the future.