𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞 | 𝐑𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐬 𝐓𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞

______________________________________________

"𝐎kay Finnick?. "Yeah.." The 24 year old male responded glumly. "Go in the centre there, those rocks" Cressida pointed as the two made their way through the rummage and scattered roses. "Castor, to left. Pollux your with me" She continued. "So we'll go straight to camera. Okay? Finnick?" She pressed, waiting for a response from him. "Yeah.." He shot his head up for a split second before returning his gaze to the floor. The light shone brightly onto his tan skin as they waited for him to begin.

"𝐓ake your time, Just remember to keep talking and don't stop" Said Cressida as she lifted the camera in line with his face. The man took one last deep sigh before straightening up and turning his attention to the camera. "This is Finnick Odair. Winner of the 65th hunger games. And I'm coming to you from district 13, alive and well. We've survived an assault from the Capitol. But I'm not here to give you recent news..".

𝐀s Katniss swung open the door, her eyes surveying all of the scattered technology before eventually returning to the sound of a very familiar voice. "Why is Finnick doing a propo?" She tilted her head towards Haymitch who stood to her left, her eyes remaining on the screen. "It's a lot more than that" He replied. "Beetee's commandeered the system" Coin chimed in. "Now that they're down to generator power, there's a more limited range of frequencies available to them and I'm filling them all up with Finnick" Beetee explained, turning to face the young girl behind him.

"𝐍ot many will see it, but who whoever does will think it's another propo" Said Heavensbee who also stood within arms distance. "What they don't know is this broadcast is jamming their entire system with noise. Early defence warning, internal communications, everything" Beetee continued. "As long as the broadcast goes through our team should be able to get in and out undetected" He finished.

***
𝐓he sound of helicopter whirring through the clear night skies and the static sound of the radios whooshed through Gales eardrums. As he shared nervous glances with the people sitting next to him, all of which had also volunteered for this very specific mission. "Mockingjay one, Mockingjay one, you are one minute out from the perimeter defence" A voice spoke through the radio. "Going dark" Another said. "Stay low in case they're online" The first voice spoke again as the entire aircraft went pitch black.

***

𝐀s Katniss watched the screen intently, her mouth gaped slightly after hearing the words that came from Finnick's mouth. "President Snow used to sell me. Or my body, at least. I wasn't the only one" He explained with an unreadable look on his face. "If a victor is considered desirable, the president gives them as a reward or allows people to buy them" Her heart thumped loudly in her chest as a frown formed on her face. "If you refuse, he kills someone you love. Victors such as Johanna Mason and Quinn Marshal became victims of this after they refused" Finnick explained further. Although his voice sounded calm his emotions were anything but.