𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 | 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐑𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐫..

_____________________________________________

𝐐uinn woke to an awfully blinding light that shone so bright that a large wave of nausea washed over her almost instantly

𝐐uinn woke to an awfully blinding light that shone so bright that a large wave of nausea washed over her almost instantly. She tried pulling her hand over her eyes and soon the feeling of confusion hit her as she was met with resistance. The girl looked down to see that she had been chained to the hospital bed she was currently laying on.

𝐇er animal instincts soon took over as she starting tugging at her hands and feet—though still nothing happened. She looked around anxiously and began taking in her surroundings. She didn't know where she was. The place was unfamiliar, which made her nervous. She had absolutely no idea where in the world she currently was and she had a feeling it wasn't going to be good.

𝐇er eyes must've skipped over the two other recipients in the room because she snapped back into reality by an all too familiar voice. "Hello? Earth-to-Quinn!?" Shouted Johanna Mason, who was also chained to a hospital bed right next to her. "Johanna?" Quinn furrowed her brows in confusion. "The one and only" She replied in that familiar smug tone she usually spoke in. "What happened? Where are we?" Quinn had so many questions that needed to be answered. "Long story short, we did something stupid and now we're facing the consequences".

"𝐖here's everyone else?" She asked. "Besides you me, Peeta and Annie, who knows" Johanna replied shortly. Out of nowhere the girl felt an immense amount of pain coming from her right hip and turned to look at what it was. A large bandage had been carelessly placed on the girls wound which was in desperate need of professional help. Suddenly all her previous memories came flooding back in, including the culprit who had first wounded her in the first place. "Finnick.." she whispered ever so quietly. It was probably more of a mumble than a whisper.

𝐒he didn't want to believe it, but what other option did she have? She saw him with her own eyes standing only a few feet away from her as the trident—his SIGNATURE weapon dug into her side. The smirk on his face as she slowly bled. He was smirking right? Her memories were a little fuzzy. She wanted to scream in his face. Attack him for betraying her. But above all, she wanted to cry. She wanted nothing more than to curl up in a ball and cry. She had been taken for a fool by someone she had reopened her heart up for.

𝐌aybe she was a fool, for believing that this time would be different. But no. It never is. Perhaps she was delusional for thinking otherwise. One year while visiting the Capitol, Ceaser Flickerman referred to her as the 'Angel Of Death'. Perhaps she was. Everyone she's ever loved had died at her hand one way or another. And if not death then betrayed her in some sort of way.

𝐓he beeping of the electronic door opening was what pulled her from her thoughts. In walked two nurses and four peacekeepers following behind. "Ah Ms Marshal, good to see you have finally woken" The nurse on her left spoke while placing a hand on the wound on her side—to which Quinn rudely swatted away. "I understand you are probably confused right now but—" She begun. "Damn right I am!" Quinn said harshly. "All I ask is for your cooperation and perhaps we can come to some sort of an understanding" The nurse spoke again in an all too calm manner.