#2 Loosing and Gaining

This was supposed to be Peter's pov but it kind of turned out to be all of the sibling's. But of course, the main focus is still on Peter and his feelings. Enjoy reading!

~

"You're welcome."

"I had it sorted," answered Peter sharply. They all were at a train station, where Peter had just gotten into a fight. He had been in many fights since he and his siblings returned from Narnia. Not one of the siblings knew the exact reason.

"What was it this time?" Susan said looking up at Peter who was the only one still not sitting down. "He bumped me," Peter answered.

"So you hit him?" Lucy asked. This all seemed ridiculous to Peter, he was a king a year ago and now he's a normal 16-year-old schoolboy who gets into fights. And most importantly, he lost the love of his life. Who knows where she was now? Perhaps still somewhere in Narnia, scared that she was alone. Or maybe she had gotten out like they did. But that would be impossible at the moment. Peter told Professor Kirke that he needs to contact them immediately if Veronica returns. But so far there have been no letters or calls. And now they were leaving for school.

Peter was miserable at the fact that he and his siblings left Veronica behind. There wasn't a day that he hadn't thought about her and if she was safe. And ever since he got back through that wardrobe, he felt like a huge piece of him was missing.

"No," Peter snapped back. "After he bumped me, he tried to make me apologize," He continued. His eyes were still filled with anger. "That's when I hit him."

"Why can't you just walk away?" Susan asked, with the bossy tone that she always used when she was lecturing her siblings. Peter just looked at her and snapped again.
"I shouldn't have to! Don't you ever get tired of being treated like a kid?"

Edmund looked at him. "Uh, we are kids," he said. Peter just shook his head. "Well, I wasn't always. It has been a year. How long does he expect us to wait?" He went to sit down next to his siblings. "If something happened to Veronica while we weren't there I would never forgive myself." His voice was shaky.

Susan put her hand on his shoulder and tried to comfort him. "I think it's time to accept the fact that we live
here. And don't worry, Veronica is definitely back in England. Alsan wouldn't let her be on her own for such a long time, " she said.

"Well if she was back in our world, I would've already had her by my side because she and the professor would contact us. Have you seen any letters arriving from Professor Kirke, Susan?" He didn't even let her answer. "That's right, you didn't. She must be still in Narnia. We need to get back as soon as possible, to save her."

"I miss her, Veronica," Lucy lay her head on Peter's shoulder. "We all do, Lu." Edmund smiled. "Everyone misses her," Susan added.

Peter just simply nodded, silently hoping that Veronica was safe. Suddenly he saw Susan look up. He decided to look in the same direction. A boy with round glasses sitting on his nose was walking towards them, smiling at Susan.

"Oh no," Susan sighed. "Pretend like you‟re talking to me," she whispered. "We are talking to you," Edmund teased.

"Ow!," Lucy shrieked all of a sudden. "Be quiet, Lucy," Susan snapped quietly.

"Something pinched me!" Lucy shrieked again, looking terrified.

Peter suddenly felt something pulling at his coat. "Hey, stop pulling!" He yelled at Edmund, assuming it was him.

Edmund just confusingly yelled back: I'm not touching you!" And there it was, a train started moving past them. A strong wind made the kids stand up from the bench.