#4 Sink and Surface

"I can't believe it!" Lucy exclaimed. "It's all still here!"

The kids were in their treasure chamber. But it seemed a bit different then how they remembered. They had their chests with their things still there, but now there were statues too. And writing engraved above every single one of them that read their royal names: High King Peter, The Magnificent; Queen Susan, The Gentle; King Edmund, The Just; and Queen Lucy, The Valiant. It looked sort of like a memorial.

Lucy, Susan and Edmund immediately ran to their chests. Opening them and pulling out all of the things that once belonged to them There were dresses and jewellery.

Peter stayed behind. Something caught his eye that made him stand completely still. "Do you see this too?" He asked.

All of the squeaks and cheers of excitement from the siblings quieted down as they heard Peter speak.

They all looked at the thing that stood in front of him. It was a statue of Veronica. She had a chest of her own too. And there was of course another writing engraved above: High Queen Veronica, The Amiable

"This is Veronica's!" Lucy yelled out of excitement as she ran towards Peter to look at it. Susan and Ed followed right after.

Lucy opened the chest and immediately grabbed one of Veronica's dresses. It was light blue. She buried her face in the fabric and inhaled the smell. "It still smells like her," Lucy said.

Susan was holding Veronica's flowery tiara, that Veronica wore instead of her crown for most of the time. She was looking very closely, admiring all the fancy diamonds and crystals. A big smile grew on her face.

"Do you know what this means?" Edmund asked calmly. "What?" Lucy and Susan asked at the same time. They looked at Peter who was standing there with tears in his eyes. "You want to tell them?" Ed turned to him.

"She got back," Peter said and broke down once again. This time in happy tears. "She's back in England. Nothing happened to her, she's safe." He was almost laughing through the tears. His siblings were cheering and happily jumping at the information.

"Wait I still don't understand, how do we know that?" Lucy stopped jumping and asked.

"If she has a memorial like we do, and it's not destroyed and she has all of her things in here. She probably must've gotten back to England before Cair Paravel got attacked," Susan answered, still with a major smile on her face.

The children stayed looking at Veronica's statue for a while before they moved to their chests.

"I was so tall," Lucy said as she pulled out one of her old dresses. "Well, you were older then," Susan joked.

"As opposed to hundreds of years later... when you're younger," Ed added with a very large helmet on his head. Suddenly Susan let out a grunt.

"What is it?" Lucy asked, wondering what was going on.

"My horn. I must've left it on my saddle the day we went back," She answered sadly.

Peter slowly opened his chest and took out his sword. He took it out of the scabbard and started reading the inscription: "When Aslan bears his teeth, winter meets its death."

"And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again." Lucy continued. Then tears filled her eyes. "Veronica might be alive, but everyone else we knew...Mr Tumnus and the Beavers...they're all gone."

"I think it's time we found out what's going on," Peter announced.

"There has to be a reason we came back," Susan said. "And if we came back, and you're saying that Veronica might've gotten back to England, there's a possibility that Narnia called her back too." She added.