#5 Neglect and Restore

"You don't need to call me 'Your Majesty' by the way. You can call me Veronica. Or Roonie, your choice." Veronica smiled as she was walking along with Caspian. They still had some journey ahead of them. Caspian had told her his plans. Apparently, the Narnias had a space for their army prepared as well with weapons. Veronica was ready to fight. Although she had led many armies during her stay in Narnia, she still felt like she came out of practice a little bit. At least she had Caspian by her side.

"I'm Caspian," Caspian held out his hand and Veronica shook it. "Nice to meet you Caspian." Veronica smiled. It was nice having a human with her, but deep down she hoped that it would be Peter who would be by her side at that moment. Either way, she tried to bring as much positive energy as possible to the Narnias. She got here so they could win Narnia back.

After two hours, the two become very good friends. And after those two hours, they arrived where they needed to be. They still were in a forest, but this time it was a deep dark one. Hundreds of Narnias were standing around and waiting. Veronica and Caspian were supposed to stay behind before Nikabrik and Trufflehunter explained everything to the other creatures.

"I'm gonna go with you, you know. If they know that I'm on your side in the battle they will join in," Veronica whispered.

"No, I need to gain their trust without your help. If they knew that you are here, they wouldn't be as loyal to me. And we need both of us to be fully accepted if we are willing to take them into a war." Caspian whispered back sharply.

"Come with us," Trufflehunter came behind the tree to call for them. Caspian shared one last look with Veronica before he stepped out and followed Trufflehunter.

All Veronica heard were just screams and insults.

"All this horn proves is that they've stolen yet another thing from us!"

"I didn't steal anything," Caspian fought back.

"Didn't steal anything? Shall we list the things the Telmarmines have taken?"

"Our homes! Our freedom! Our lives!"

"You would hold me accountable for all the crimes of my people?" Even though Veronica did want to step up and show the Narnias that Caspian can be trusted, she couldn't. Caspian was right. They needed to trust him first. Not her.

"Accountable...and punishable!"

"That's words from you, dwarf. Or have you forgotten that it was your people who fought alongside the White Witch?" Veronica recognized Reepicheeps voice.

"And I'd gladly do it again if it would rid us of these barbarians!" Nikabrik yelled back.

"Then we are lucky it is not in your power to bring her back. Or do you want us to ask this boy to go against Aslan?" Everyone went quiet at the mention of Aslan.

"Some of you may have forgotten, but we badgers remember well, that Narnia was never right except when a son of Adam was king," Trufflehunter continued.

"He's a Telmarine! Why would we want him as our king?"

"Because I can help you. Beyond these woods, I am a prince. The Telmarine throne is rightfully mine. Help me claim it, and I can bring peace between us," Caspian said. Veronica was silently peeking from behind the tree, hoping that everything would go well.

"It is true. The time is ripe. I watch the skies, for it is mine to watch as it is yours to remember, badger. Tarva, the Lord of Victory, and Alambil, the Lady of Peace have met, and here a son of Adam has come forth to offer us back our freedom," Glenstorm, a centaur was speaking. Another silence followed.