#12 Leave and Stay

Fireworks were set off as they triumphantly entered the gates of the castle. Crowds of people were cheering and clapping. Caspian was at the front with his crown on. He has just been crowned the king of Narnia. Everyone else, Peter, Susan, Edmund, Lucy and Veronica followed behind him.

It was all over. This whole nightmare was finally solved and Narnia was a happy place once again. For humans and magical creatures. Equality was at its highest point once again.

Veronica felt so cheerful. Her past mistakes have been fixed and everything was going to be okay again. She didn't even consider her possible departure. She was so happy she couldn't think about leaving. It was her home. It was her comfort place. The place she fell in love with. The place she got married to Peter. The place she spent the happiest and most terrible days of her entire life.

They got assigned a bedroom each. And Veronica and Peter laughed again about sleeping in different beds. Surely, who would put two sixteen-year-olds together in a room?

"It feels like the first time, doesn't it?" Peter said, looking at Veronica.

"What do you mean?" She asked. He looked at her with a smile. "You know when we first got to Cair Paravel. Everything was so new. We were scared to become rulers. And now look at us."

"That's true. It does feel like the first time. Even though I am not the person I was back then," Veronica said.

"Yeah, you were a lot meaner then," Peter laughed, ironically. Veronica gasped. "Hey! That's not true at all!!"

"No, it's true! You were worse than Ed at some point!" Peter laughed and Veronica nudged his shoulder. Suddenly, someone knocked and the door opened. It was Ed.

"Speaking of the devil," Peter said as he saw him walk in.

"Aslan's looking for you Pete," Ed informed. "He's waiting for you and Susan on the main court. Peter nodded and left the room with Edmund.

It didn't take long before another knock on the door. This time it was Caspian. "Hey," he grinned as he saw Veronica lying in her bed.

"Hello there, why are you interrupting my resting hour?" Veronica sat up, acting mad.

"I just thought I'd show you around since you ehm-" he hesitated.

"Since what?" Veronica asked.

"Ehm, never mind. I just want to show you the place I grew up in." He let out. "Are you coming?"

Veronica sighed. "Do I even have another choice?" She slowly got up and followed Caspian out of her accommodations.

"So, I told Susan," Caspian said as they were walking through the castle gardens. "YOU WHAT?" Veronica screamed.

"I told her that I had feelings for her. And then she told me that she already knew because you told her," he explained.

"Oh yeah, I did. So what did she say?"

"She said, that she feels the same," Caspian said. Veronica stopped. "Oh my god!" She squealed. "That's amazing!!!" She added and grabbed Caspian's hands.

"You don't need to be that excited. I don't think anything will happen. She will probably have to leave soon." He sighed.

Veronica closed her eyes. "Yeah, I don't want to leave yet. Narnia is my home."

Caspian stayed silent.

"Okay, where should we go now?" Veronica changed the topic. "Ehm, the main court I guess." Caspian let out a sigh.

They walked out to the court and saw Peter and Susan talking to Aslan.

They stopped walking as they exchanged looks. Peter looked sad and so did Susan.