#8 Love and Hate

It felt strange, walking into Aslan's how with Peter, Susan, Lucy and Edmund when just a few hours ago Veronica was slowly doubting their returns to Narnia.

"This looks familiar," Ed was looking around. Veronica smiled as she grabbed a torch and turned to all of the siblings. "It does seem like you were here before, doesn't it?" She smiled again as she saw all of them nod. "Let me show you why!"

They all walked through a corridor Trufflehunter once led her through. Suddenly a voice called out from behind them. "Roon, are you going to the sto-" It was Caspian.

"Yes we are! Do you want to come with us?" Veronica quickly cut him off. Caspian nodded at her question. "Yes, of course!" He shouted grabbing another torch and running towards them. Veronica could see Peter giving Caspian a bit of a mean look. She hoped Caspian didn't notice that. The only thing she needed right now was the two hating each other.

They continued to walk together and once Veronica knew they were at the first important stop, she turned around to everyone behind her. She looked at everyone. "You might want to see this," she said pointing her torch to the wall, revealing the paintings.

"Look, it's us," Susan said. Veronica could see her tear up a little. "What is this place?" Lucy asked, slightly touching the painting of Mr Tumnus.

Caspian looked at them confused. "You didn't know?" He asked, shifting his eyes between all of them. He stayed looking at Veronica who was shaking her head and mouthing sharp noes to let Caspian know the sibling she had really no idea where they were.

"You want to lead now, Caspian?" Veronica suggested. She didn't want her emotions to switch up at her again. Especially when she would be near the stone table, with Peter and the others. She didn't really have that much time to comprehend them being back. At the end of the day though, they were here. There was no need to worry about them. There's no need to get emotional around the stone table because they really were there.

Caspian walked up to the front. They got through another narrow stone corridor and then Caspian lit up a fire and it spread around the whole room, revealing all of the carvings of Narnians and Aslan. And then also The stone table.

Everyone was already inside looking around when Veronica decided to go in too.

"He must know what he's doing," Lucy said, looking at the lion, made out of stone. Peter walked up to her and shook his head. "I think it's up to us now Lu," He sighed. They all looked at the carving of Aslan once again.

Veronica walked up, with tears in her eyes that she wanted to avoid so badly. "It's all going to be okay, he always comes to help." She said to Lucy, rubbing her back softly. Peter looked at her like she said something totally wrong. But Veronica was telling the truth, or so she thought. She knew Aslan was somewhere out there, looking after them. And when the time comes, he will come.

She gave Peter the look that she always gave him whenever he was acting too hypocritical. His siblings immediately recognised that Veronica needed her time to talk to Peter. She could always fix him up with her way of always being able to win a fight and prove her point.

"Let's get our plan ready then," Caspian interrupted the tension. Lucy, Susan and Edmund turned around and nodded. "We'll go fetch the others," Ed said and looked at Veronica. She smiled and sat down on the stone table.

Peter stayed standing where he stood, his eyes fixed on Veronica. "You think the same as Lucy, huh?" He asked, sitting down next to her.

"You don't? If I remember correctly, the last time we weren't on Lucy's side, it ended up going pretty badly."

Peter snorted and rubbed his eyes. "Ed said that too."

"He did? That's surprising." She answered with a smile. "This isn't exactly about trusting Lucy and you know that." Veronica switched to a more serious tone. "Aslan would never leave us alone in a time like this."