#7 Separate and United

That had been walking the entire night. Veronica was starting to get really exhausted. Soon, the sun started to rise and everyone was glad, that they could see the way through the forest once again.

"Your majesty, there is smoke from a fire coming out of the forest, it's pretty near us," A minotaur called out. "It could be them," Caspian turned to Veronica. She just nodded. A lump appeared to inform her throat. Caspian noticed the slight change in Veronica's body language and decided to take over the orders.

"You go and look around, and the rest will go into hiding near him. In case it's not them, you cannot be sure these days," Caspian commanded the minotaur.

"I'm going to stay behind and look here," Veronica said. She didn't want to get her hopes up, and in fact, she needed a rest. She was sure they wouldn't mind her sitting down for a little bit. She felt a bit dizzy from all emotions coming at her at the same time. And also, her young body wasn't used to these types of walks. She couldn't wait to get used to life here, so she could be herself again, as she was before.

Caspian nodded in approval and made his way to the sign of the smoke, along with the army.

Veronica sat down and took a breather. She stayed like that for a couple of minutes before she heard grunts and swords slashing against each other. She quickly sat up and followed the sounds. As she was getting closer, the sounds were getting louder and louder.

"Peter!" She suddenly heard. It was Susan's voice. It was Susan's voice and it was calling for Peter.

She started running. Her mouth was apparently quicker than her feet because she found herself calling out "What is going on?" before she even got there.

But when she actually got there, she immediately stopped. Everyone was looking at her, but the only thing she was looking at was Peter.

He was standing there, opposite Caspian. He was wearing the clothes that Veronica clearly remembered from their days in Narnia. His bright blue eyes immediately brightened up. His whole body shifted as he was looking at Veronica. She was so focused on him that she didn't realize she was holding her breath.

"Roonie..." Peter let out a sigh as he ran towards her and gave her a hug so tight Veronica was sure could crush her entire body. She could hear his heart beating against hers and felt his warm breath on her cheek.

"Peter..." Veronica cried into one of his shoulders. She soon completely broke into tears. She couldn't believe she was in his arms. After years of hopelessness, she was finally in his tight and loving embrace.

"I never thought that I would see you again," Veronica cried out as she pulled away from Peter. "Don't cry, I'm here, we all are here," Peter stroked her hair to calm her down. He knew it was the only way to get her to calm down.

Veronica was almost hyperventilating from so much crying. She was so relieved to see Peter, that she forgot about everything else.

They both looked around and saw all the Narnias staring at them. When suddenly, they started clapping and bowing.

The high king and the high queen have been reunited.

"Veronica!" A voice called out. Veronica immediately recognized the soft voice. It was Lucy. She turned around to see the little girl running towards her, with tears rolling down her cheeks. Veronica quickly pulled her in for a big hug.

"Lu Lu," She sighed. Another three people joined the hug a few seconds later. Veronica quickly realized that it had to be Peter, Susan and Edmund. She placed her hands over their shoulders and secured them in the hug.

"I'm never letting you go again, you understand?" Veronica said, still crying. "We're not going anywhere," Susan answered.

"We are very glad that your majesties are back together, we were anxiously awaiting your return," Reepicheep bowed to the children. "Our hearts and swords are at your service," he added. The Pevensies pulled away and all looked at Reepicheep.