#6 Seen and Unseen

They have been walking for a while. Peter was obviously leading the way. They needed to get to the Shuddering woods and Peter was sure he knew the way best. But so far they have not reached any familiar sight.

"I'm not lost," Peter mumbled. Trumpkin walked up and shook his head. "No... you're just going the wrong way," he said.

"You said you last saw Caspian at the Shuddering Woods, and the quickest way there is to cross at the river rush," Peter snapped. He couldn't believe someone was underestimating him like this. The anger in him was getting stronger and bigger.

"But, unless I'm mistaken, there's no crossing in these parts," Trumpkin said.

Peter nodded his head in irony. "That explains it then. You're mistaken," he said and continued to walk. His siblings exchanged looks with each other and the dwarf before deciding to follow Peter.

They finally reached a gorge. All of them looked down and became terrified of how deep it was. They could bearly hear the water rushing below.

"You know, over hundreds of years, water eroded the earth's soil," Susan started to speak.

"Oh, shut up," Peter cut her off. "Is there a way down?" He turned to Trumpkin. "Yeah, falling. Come. There's a ford at Beruna," Trump kin commanded. "Any of you mind swimming?" he asked.

"Anything's better than walking," Susan sighed. They all started to walk away. When suddenly they heard Lucy shouting.

"It's Aslan! It's Aslan over there!"

They quickly got back to the place where they were standing before to get a look.

"Can't you see?" Lucy asked. "He's right..." She turned around pointing in front of her. Her smile faded as she saw nothing. "There..."

"Do you see him now?" Trumpkin asked sarcastically. "I'm not crazy. He was there. He wanted us to follow him!" Lucy yelled frustratingly. Peter sighed and placed his hand on Lucy's shoulder. "I'm sure there are any number of lions in this wood," he said.

Lucy shook her head. "I think I know Aslan when I see him." Trumpkin stepped up again. "Look, I'm not about to jump off a cliff after someone who doesn't exist," he said. The siblings looked at each other and Edmund decided to speak.

"The last time I didn't believe Lucy, I ended up looking pretty stupid," he said. Lucy turned to him with a hopeful smile.

"Why wouldn't I have seen him?" Peter asked quietly. Lucy shook her shoulders. "Maybe you weren't looking," she said. Peter frowned and nodded. "I'm sorry, Lu." They walked away after.

Peter would like the thought of having Aslan by their side again, but deep down he knew that he wasn't going to show up out of nowhere. They were by themselves this time. He also liked the thought that Veronica is back in Narnia. If she was, there was a big chance they would end up bumping into each other. And if she was, that meant that she was safe in England. If Peter already decided that he's going to write to the professor the minute he gets back. There was no more time to waste.

****
VERONICA

It was night already. They have been walking for a while now. Veronica's heart was pumping hard ever since she got the news about a few kids attacking some soldiers on the river.

They are back, Veronica thought. In fact, this was all she could think about at that moment. She has waited for so long. But either way, there was some more serious stuff to solve. More serious than finding Peter. She didn't want to seem selfish. She didn't WANT the Narnias to think that all she cared about is her lost husband and his siblings. Of course, she cared about the upcoming battle and was always thinking about a new strategy for defeating the Talmarines. But Peter was the love of her life. She was sure they could understand.