027

The walk back to the dorms was like a whirlpool of emotions

Just for practice and totally not collecting Blackmail on people, I was using legilemency on my way back

And I'd say I learnt more than I ever had in my three years in Hogwarts.

Apparently, some Ravsnclaw, Eddie Carmichael. Has a crush on me.

Shocker I say.

And he's cute.

Oh, and a gryffindor has a crush on Pansy. I can't wait to tell her and watch her roast the guy.

I'd probably would be standing on the sides thinking ' that's mean, do it again '.

Anyway, my point is. I think I have enough blackmail on everyone that even Rita Skeeter would be put to shame, considering I found dirt on her too.

" Should I give it " I heard a distressed thought.

" Will she like it" Wait that's Theo, and 'she?' did he get a girlfriend I don't know about?

Walking in the dorm, I found him sitting on the couch agressively scribbling something.

" You alright? "

" Umh, ya " he hummed without looking up.

Not looking up while talking is a habit of Theo that irritates me a lot, maybe it's because I could just know what he's thinking if I look into his eyes.

Which I already know is not good. I just like knowing everything.

" Where have you been? "

" I got the book from Minnie, gotta start the process now " I said handing him the book of animaguses.

Theo nodded and went back to scribbling, that's it? Just a nod? Even Draco would have more reactions than him.

" Are you busy? " I finally asked, irritated by his lack of response

" Ya "

I was about to head back to my dorms when I felt hands grab my wrist and pull me back.

" Sorry, I just don't know what to say"

" Ya, I kinda figured that out "

Theo sighed and dug his pockets, pulling out a small box beautifully wrapped and decorated with flowers.

" Why didn't you give it when everyone exchanged gifts " I laughed

" I forgot" he tried to shrug it off.

But I highly doubt he would forget something, he was the most attentive one out of the three of us.

I carefully tore open the wrapper and opened the box, from which a bracelet fell on my plam.

The bracelet was quite simple, it looked like it was knitted and charmed to stay in shape. The charms that hung from the bracelet were, what caught my attention.

A hummingbird and a hawk, painted with glass paint.

" did you it make this ? " I beamed at him

" Yes , i know it's not ..."

" It's beautiful "

" Comme toi " he said tucking a lock of my hair behind my hair " I'm glad you like it " Theo sighed in relief 

( Translation - like you )

" Like it ? I love it . This is the best gift anyone has ever given me "

" What about Draco's? You said you loved his "  he frowned

" Theo, Draco gave me a black family heirloom. Of course I loved it. But this - "

I said looking up from the bracelet in my palm.

That's when I realised that I was actually sitting on his lap and how exactly close we were.

Stop it stupid butterflies

' you do know it's hormones right? ' my inner voice snickered as I tried to raise my occlumency shields.

I could hide my expressions but how in the world do I hide my thumping heart.

" This is something my best friend made for me, this is my lucky charm Theo. It's worth more than any heirlooms I get. I'm never taking this off "

It's true, emotionally, Theo's gift was more precious to me than any heirlooms. But ofcourse, those heirlooms too are very precious to me, both emotionally and in terms of money.

Just think about the galleons I'd make if I gave away in Gringotts. I could even have a wonderful relationship with the goblins considering the stone used is very precious in the goblin world and only they can acquire it.
.
.
.

Theo was a little schocked that the girl in front of him liked his charms more than a necklace that was worth a thousand galleons. It made him feel special. It made him feel loved ....

Before he had felt a little ashamed of his gift. He did not want to give her a charm he made when everyone when gifting her gifts that would be enough to live a year peacefully without working. He could too buy her jwellery but he didn't consider his father's money as his own and since he despised his father he didn't want to buy anything for her with his money.

He just left his charm was not worth Lia.
.
.
.

I fiddled with the bracelet trying my hardest to wear it when I felt Theo's fingers brush against my wrist.

" Let me help "

He hooked the bracelet and held up my arm to examine it.

" It looks good on you "

I mumbled a thanks and gave him a small smile.

Theo's hands slipped from my wrist and wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer.

The moment was electrifying. Our breaths intertwined and I could feel the heat of Theo's body in mine.

The green flames of the common room illuminated his face just enough for me to see myself in his eyes.

I taken aback by how close we were and the possibility of a kiss. A sense of excitement and anticipation coursed through me, feeling my heart beating rapidly as we almost touch.

Flecks of the moonlight scattered on us by the lake added a mystical glow to the already suffocating situation.

I could feel his heart beating faster and faster, overlapping mine. I was so close that I could smell the chocolate he had.

His breath hit my cheeks as he leaned in closer. My hands found it's way behind his neck, pulling him even closer.

My eyes smashed shut when I felt his lips almost brush mine and -

CLANK

Theo and I turned to see a first year running into the old lamp that stood beside the staircase.

" I'm sorry, don't mind me " he hurriedly said and ran away.

I truned back to Theo, embarrassment evident on both of our faces.

"I-I think I should g-go sleep. Goodnight!! " I stammered out and ran to my dorm.

Slamming shut the door, I jumped on my bed and buried my face in the pillow.

Sky who was sleeping soundly, bit my earlobe and hooted in annoyance before going back to sleep in her crate.

What the fuck just happened?