Kidnapped

The first thing Peter noticed when he woke up was that his head felt like it was going to explode, and his tongue tasted fuzzy and dry.

The second thing he noticed was that he was lying on a very cold surface, and he couldn't move his hands or feet an inch.

Peter cracked his eyes open, grimacing at the light shining directly at his face from above. Disoriented, he drowsily lifted his head to take in his surroundings.

He was wearing a thin white t-shirt that was several sizes too big, along with baggy grey sweatpants. His wrists and ankles were being held down to the freezing metal table by massive cuffs that would not budge no matter how hard he tried to pull free. The only light in the room was dangling directly above his face, as if to taunt him in his helpless state.

"Hello?" Peter tentatively called. He waited for an answer, but a long while went by and nobody came. His heart sank into his stomach with dread as he realized his cuffs were holding up just fine against his superstrength, which meant his secret was out. It didn't keep him from trying to yank free, but eventually he resigned himself to the silence, with only his thoughts and the shivering cold to keep him company.

~~~

Now that he was on a jet back to New York, all Tony could do was stare blankly out the window and worry. He sat across from Pepper, who was in the middle of a tense phone call with the people they were supposed to meet with today.

More specifically, with Ross.

When Tony's phone had woken him up at such an unholy hour of the day, he'd been tempted to ignore it. But he also knew that not very many people were actually able to access his number, so Tony answered the phone, worried that it was Peter or Morgan calling. Mere minutes after that, he and Pepper were both wide awake and throwing everything in their bags. The moment they were in the private jet, she sat down and started making sure everything would be ready for when they arrived back home. 

Unfortunately, 'back home' was an almost seventeen hour flight away. Not only that, but to say Ross was unhappy about their sudden departure from their meetings in Hong Kong would be the understatement of the century. Tony didn't really care that much about Ross' opinion on the matter, especially not when Peter and Morgan were in danger. They'd only planned to stay for two more days anyway, but still, Ross wasn't the type of person to cross--not when he had so much power over where Tony could and couldn't go as Ironman.

And if what Officer Davis had told him this morning was true, Tony needed to be Ironman now more than ever before. He needed to save his kids.

Ross' voice, from what muffled conversation Tony could hear, was getting more and more agitated by the minute. From the looks of Pepper's wrinkled brow, so was she. After several minutes of listening to Ross argue, Tony reached over and took the phone from Pepper's hands. She protested and tried to snatch it back, but Tony was done listening to someone disrespect his wife.

"Okay Ross, I'm telling you this once," Tony started.

"Stark, pass the phone back to Ms. Potts."

"I think you mean pass it back to Mrs. Stark, and no, I will not be doing that. Here's the deal. We are going back to New York because somebody has decided it was a good idea to hurt our kids. If you think for a second that either one of us is going to prioritize a meeting with you over the safety of our family, then you're an even bigger idiot than I thought."

"Let the police do their job, Stark. Either that, or send another one of your costume-wearing friends to find them. Going back home and interfering will only make their job harder."