Betrayal

If Peter were able to reach the wall, he would have been banging his head on it in frustration. He was angry that he was in this situation, annoyed that he still had no idea what they wanted with him and Morgan, and most of all he was afraid that by the time he found a way out of this mess it would already be too late. He kept up a brave face for Morgan, but he also knew she was far from stupid and was probably doing the same for him.

He'd been getting skinnier for sure, but compared to Morgan his weight loss was nothing. She pretended she was fine, but he could tell that every day she had less energy. The tiny portions of food they were given were not nearly enough to keep Morgan alive for much longer, and that's what Peter was confused about.

Why weren't they taking care of his sister? She was leverage against him, leverage against Tony, and an attempt on her part to escape wasn't really an risk as she didn't stand a chance against enhanced individuals like the electric man.

So yes. Peter wanted to bang his head against the wall. He also wanted to punch the electric man really hard.

Preferably in the face.

Maybe with a chair.

He was jerked from his spiraling thoughts by the door to the room squeaking open, but instead of the familiar gait of the electric man, a mechanical clank echoed through the room. Peter lifted his head from the table he was strapped onto as much as he could, but with the light hanging right above his face he couldn't make out the source of the strange noise.

The room he was in was very similar to the one he and Morgan had been stuck in for the last long while, but after spending so much time with nothing to do except stare at the walls he could tell he'd been moved somewhere else from the moment he opened his eyes.

The clanking noise stopped, but Peter still had no idea who or what was making the sound. He frowned for a minute, weighing the consequences before finally speaking up.

"Who's there?" he challenged. A quiet, sinister laugh was all he got before the room went silent again. Peter flopped his head back down in exasperation. "Look, I don't know what you guys want, but--"

"Where's the fun in telling you?" the voice interrupted. "Keeping you so-called 'heroes' on your toes is a specialty of ours, after all." The clanking sound rang through the room again and the light fell onto a face Peter had not seen in a long time.

"...Doctor Octavious?" he said, his mouth wide open in disbelief. "I thought--but the lab accident, everyone said you were killed!"

"My death was..." the scientist mused over his next words for a second, "greatly exaggerated."

"What happened to you?" Peter eyed the metal tentacles that were holding the doctor in the air.

"Actually, today we're more interested in what happened to you, Peter," Octavious said, easily deflecting the question while pulling a small device from the pocket of his lab coat. It looked a lot like the one the Hydra agent had waved in front of Peter and Morgan when they were first confronted in the alley. "Osborn always obsessed over those spiders before he died, but no one ever imagined they would ever lead to anything more than wasted money. It appears your father proved us all wrong." Sure enough, the small machine blinked green and started beeping as it hovered above the tracker in Peter's arm. Octavious pulled out a sharpie and carefully marked the spot on Peter's arm above where the small piece of tech was hidden.

"If you hold still this won't hurt as much," the doctor said, getting a scalpel out of his lab coat pocket. Peter's eyes widened in fear as he realized what was about to happen. He yanked on the restraints holding his wrists down, but they didn't budge an inch.