What Have We Done?

Peter had been swinging through the city in the hopes that he would find some sort of lead when he heard a child scream. Peter instantly redirected himself towards the sound, and then watched from above as four armed men cornered a little girl and sedated her. The men were dressed in black gear, and as they lifted the girl into a black van,  Peter caught a glimpse of the badges on their shoulders.

He'd found Hydra.

Every instinct in his body was screaming at him to save the little girl while the Hydra agents weren't expecting it, but he was clinging to the hope that the two kidnappings were connected. If he could follow the Hydra truck, he might be able to save more than just this little girl.

He followed the van through the streets until it reached the river, where it entered an old warehouse that appeared to be abandoned. Peter took a deep breath, then swung over to the building.

Skylights in the roof allowed him to watch as the men climbed out of the van and unloaded five little kids. First the girl from earlier, followed by two twin boys with red hair, a blonde girl, and then a very familiar boy was carried out.

Lincoln.

Peter kicked himself for not having jumped into action sooner. Lincoln had been in the vehicle the whole time, and now more Hydra agents were approaching. Knowing it wasn't going to be an easy fight if he tried to attack them all at once, Peter found a broken window and crawled through silently.

He watched as the agents carrying the kids were stopped by others in front of a shipping container.

"Identification?"

One of the agents leaned forward and said something, but Peter was too far away to pick up on what he whispered. He moved past the larger shipping containers and crouched behind the smaller ones, leaning forward as the agents continued their quiet conversation. He was so focused on their soft words that he didn't notice the crate he was balancing on was tilting forward until it was too late. It tipped over and crashed to the ground, spilling its contents everywhere. Peter gulped as all the agents turned to look at him.

Without missing a beat, Peter leapt into the fray, grabbing the first two kids he saw and webbing them up away from the fight so that they weren't at risk of getting caught in the cross-fire. He slammed his fist into a Hydra agent's face and she went down, cradling her bloody, broken nose.

Gunfire erupted all around him as two agents picked up the rest of the unconscious children and tried to run, but Peter easily dodged all the bullets and pursued them. Using his webs, he slingshotted himself up and around until he was standing in front of them, then leapt at the man closest.

Peter grabbed the child the man had been holding and held her close as his feet made contact with the agent's chest and sent him flying across the room. He put the child with the others, then dodged to the side as more bullets flew past him.

Peter swung over and around, webbing three agents together in a tight cocoon, then dropped down and attacked another. He started to panic as he watched the man holding both Lincoln and the last little girl getting back into the van with them. Four Hydra agents still stood between Peter and the van.

Starting to feel angry, Peter lunged and attacked the two who had pointed their guns at him. He knocked their weapons away and webbed up their hands simultaneously, then shoved them roughly to the ground and stuck them there. The third agent came up behind him and swung, barely clipping Peter's shoulder as he ducked. Peter grabbed the man's wrist and used the momentum to flip the man over his back and web him to the ground beside the others.

When Peter looked up at the van again, he froze. The fourth agent had joined the other, and now they both held a gun to the kids' heads.

"Take one more step and the kiddies die, Spider-Man."