Two Cups of Coffee and a Secret

Late that night, Peter was perched on the side of a skyscraper, watching the bustle of the city streets below. The IV, along with the several slices of pizza he'd downed afterwards, had kicked his healing factor back into gear. He felt healthy now, normal.

He felt like Spider-Man again.

So now he was trying to make up for the last several days he'd missed patrol. Already, two muggings and three small thefts had been stopped, and now he was taking a quick break before swinging home.

Peter leapt off the building, careful not to shatter the glass beneath his feet, and shot a web out. He shouted with glee as the wind pummeled his body, relishing the feeling of his body falling and then rising again with every web he released. He launched himself high into the air and quickly pulled his sleeve up to check his watch, ensuring he still had plenty of time to shoot another web when he was done.

"Shoot, it's late," he said, covering his arm again and releasing another web. He'd been out for three hours, and if he didn't go to bed soon tomorrow would be miserable.

Peter was mid-swing when his spider-sense blared, and suddenly he was falling. Choking back a scream, Peter frantically shot a web, hoping that it would stick to something. When he felt the familiar tug confirming that it had indeed found purchase, he yanked hard and managed to pull himself out of his plummet. He landed hard on the side of a concrete building and gasped.

"Ow," he whimpered, massaging his bruised side. Peter looked all around, trying to figure out who or what could possibly have cut his web like that, when his spider-sense abruptly went off again and he found himself ducking as a familiar red, blue, and white object slammed itself into the wall right above him and bounced back across the city.

"Crap!" Peter hissed as he ran up the side of the building and vaulted onto the roof. His spider-sense flared again and he danced to the side as someone lunged towards him from the shadows.

"Holy... You're Black Widow!"

She sauntered further into the light, the corners of her lips tilted upwards ever so slightly. "That's right. And if you know what's good for you, you're going to take off the mask and come with us."

"Did Ironman send you?"

"No. Nick Fury did."

Peter felt his eyes widen beneath his mask. The Nick Fury was after him? He wasn't sure if that made him feel intimidated or impressed with himself.

"Okay, well, I already told Ironman that the mask isn't coming off. I'm sorry, Ms. Widow."

"Then I guess we'll have to remove it ourselves," a familiar voice said from behind him. Peter spun around to see Captain America step from the shadows.

"Oh, um, hi Mr. Captain America, sir," Peter said nervously, when suddenly his spider-sense went off again and he was evading attacks from both sides.

"This is not how I imagined my evening was going to go!" Peter shouted as he flipped over Black Widow only to see a fist flying towards his face. He grabbed Cap's hand and stopped the punch, sliding backwards a bit from the sheer force of it. "Dude, careful! You could've hurt someone!"

Peter snagged a web onto the Captain's fist just as Black Widow rushed him again, and as he jumped out the way it pulled taught and clotheslined her. She was almost instantly back on her feet, and Peter gulped. They both looked a little angry. He glanced behind himself nervously, and backed towards the edge of the roof as both heroes approached him.

"Look, I'm really sorry guys, but it's way past my curfew."

"Don't do it, son!" Cap shouted, but Peter had already stepped over the edge and was swinging away. Without missing a beat, Cap aimed his shield and let it fly, hoping to sever the web again. However, Peter merely twisted around and shot a second web, which stuck to the shield, and yanked it in a completely different direction. The shield landed on a nearby roof, and Peter swung away with a grin on his face.