three.

Two days had unfortunately passed rather quickly for Taehyung. The days felt like a blur too, he only recalled the empty feeling he had in his chest as his parents nagged him about being presentable and well mannered for his now fiancé. It felt weird calling a man he had never seen before that, but he knew he didn't have that much of a choice so he went along with it.

During the two days his parents had gone completely broke, all the money spent on the tiniest details about him. His usually messy knotted hair was now cut and straightened to resemble black silk. His dirty nails were fresh and even painted a naturally pearly colour that would glisten under lights.

Taehyung hated it, it wasn't him at all. He was a messy and rough person, and that's how he liked his appearance to be. But he didn't complain and he just sat at the reserved table with a blank face, occasionally pulling his collar apart to allow some smooth breathing.

His sharp eyes were stuck on the wine glasses in front of them, the restaurant was posh and luxurious. The table reserved for them was in a private space with almost nobody around them. Taehyung's parents were beyond thrilled about that and were rushing to take pictures to show off later on.

"Be nice, alright? This is the one good thing you can bring this to the family so don't mess it up," Mrs. Kim ran her fingers through the boys hair, tidying it up later and then fidgeting with her fancy dress that she had bought just for the dinner.

"Do you know what time they were supposed to arrive?" Mr. Kim checked his cracked phone and shuffled awkwardly in his itchy suit, "They were supposed to be here 20 minutes ago."

"Be patient, they're busy people," Mrs. Kim sternly spoke, glaring at the man who just huffed and checked his time again, "Oh I think that's them!"

Taehyung felt his heart beat spike, eyes shooting up to see the family greeting them. He only looked at the two that seemed the eldest since the third person was definitely his soulmate. Mrs. Jeon looked gentle yet fierce, as if she'd say what she wanted with a smile on her face even if it was rude. Mr. Jeon on the hand looked as if he was some sort of CEO, staring him down with a smile but also eyes that told anyone who looked at them to behave.

Taehyung shot his eyes down again and nervously extended his hand when the two stood in front of him, "Nice to meet you," he replied.

"Nice to meet you Taehyung," Mrs. Jeon sat down in front of him and didn't let go of his hand until Taehyung also sat back down, "I was right, you really are pretty," she lightly laughed with the others.

"Thank you," Taehyung mumbled.

"I'm sorry that we were late, we were having a discussion with our son here, Jeongguk, and didn't realise that time had went past," Mr. Jeon apologetically smiled, glancing to see what his son was doing.

Jeongguk's eyes were on Taehyung, taking in every inch of his blank face. He had an eye for detail, and it didn't take long for him to notice how there was foundation on scabbing cuts and how it seemed ashy in areas that had bruises. He had to admit that the boy was pretty, but he didn't want him.

He believed Taehyung would look better with someone else and his beauty was made for someone else, and that was not him and he swore it never would be.

Taehyung tuned out the conversation going on with their parents and instead took deep interest on his hands. He clenched his jaw when his mothers foot tapped his indicating him to join in. So he reluctantly looked up to the woman who had just placed the order for their food and was ready to talk to Taehyung.

"So Tae- can I call you that?"

"Yes," Taehyung replied clearing his throat after due to his voice being too quiet and low.