seventeen.

Taehyung woke up more excited than ever. He was so eager to his baby cousin, basically sprinting around his room to get ready for the day. He made sure to wear his best clothes so that when his aunt and uncle came to drop him off he would be seen as in a much better place. He also wanted them to notice that he was no longer under the influence of drugs, he was finally recovering.

Once he deemed himself pretty, he made his way downstairs where he was expecting Jeongguk to already be eating breakfast and preparing to call his aunt. But, his smile immediately dropped when he stopped at the top of his stairs.

Jeongguk was there, but so was his manager Yoongi and makeup artist and personal stylist. They all turned to look at him and unfortunately Jeongguk's guilty face didn't register in Taehyung's head.

"Tae, I'm sorry I totally forgot we had something already planned today. We need to go to the office to draw more attention and I was supposed to propose to you today." Jeongguk spoke with a frown, walking up to the boy who was visibly upset, "I promise you'll still see your cousin, we just need to do this."

"I already got the ring for you guys since we don't have time." Yoongi stepped forward with with a velvet red box that he handed over to Jeongguk.

Taehyung tried his best not to react, but every single emotion was hitting him intensely and he just wanted to explode at Jeongguk for giving him so much false hope. But, he kept silent and dragged his feet to the makeup artist and stylist.

"So you're going to wear this," The personal stylist picked up a satin white top that would be tucked into some tight black jeans.

Jeongguk didn't fail to notice how Taehyung was chewing on his bottom lip with glistening eyes and balling his fists against his clothes.

"Yoongi," Jeongguk called out for the man who looked up at him. He cocked his head towards the garden before walking with Yoongi following him.

"What's up?" Yoongi asked as he shut the door behind him.

"Can't we do this another day? I promised Taehyung I'd let him spend the day with his baby cousin, and I think it would've been more meaningful if we both decided on a ring we liked- he wanted something simple but this is far from it." Jeongguk opened the box and frowned at the ring that would stand out way too much.

Yoongi sighed, "I had already told you about today but you forgot- you two had 3 weeks until now to find a ring and I'm not cancelling the venue reservation that I paid a fortune for. Get it over with, I'm sure he's old enough to handle it and see his cousin later."

Jeongguk glared at him, "Don't be snarky, you know how he tried to kill himself 3 weeks ago and it won't hurt to give him a good time."

"You can do that tomorrow, I don't think it'll be the end of the world if he doesn't get his way this one time." Yoongi tutted annoyed and raised his eyebrows at the man who let out a defeated sigh.

"Fine, let's get this over and done with." Jeongguk mumbled.

"Why do you care so much anyway? It's just a reputation thing for you, once you get your fame you'll just get rid of him somehow and cover everything up. I know it's because you're being nice after his attempt, but you were quit adamant that you couldn't careless what happens to him." Yoongi crossed his arms, staring at Jeongguk's frustrated expression.

"Yeah I know! I don't know what I'm doing alright? But I can't help but care and want to make him happy. I just think this shit is getting to me, once it's all over and irrelevant again I'll be fine." Jeongguk sighed and rubbed his temples, "Have you started looking into how to get rid of soulmates?"

"I found a doctor who's managed to find away but the stuff isn't released to the public yet. I can pay extra to get the pills after the marriage and when your fame begins to die down." Yoongi informed the man who hesitated.