sixteen.

Taehyung sat on the floor, staring at the pitch black that he had been staring at all night. It had been two weeks since he had gone out with Jeongguk to look for engagement rings and also two weeks since the other had brought home him antidepressants.

At first he refused to take them, but being tired of arguing and feeling like he was losing control he decided to just take them. Unfortunately, all he experienced were it's side effects and just felt worse.

They always put me on pills, then in therapy, then give up on me and leave me. He thought to himself as he now stared down at the razor in his hand with a numb feeling in his body.

I don't need them, I just need something to get rid of this numbness and feeling like I'm borderline psychotic. Taehyung tilted his head back and sighed, waiting for nothing.

The two weeks were just that. He was waiting and waiting for whatever was next. He waited for Jeongguk to next ask him to do some publicity act, Jeongguk to talk about their engagement, Jeongguk to come back home from a meeting and say something to him.

Taehyung was constantly just waiting for his soulmate.

Surprisingly, a knock was heard at this his door which made him scramble to hide everything underneath the floorboard that was slightly elevated. He then hurried towards the door and opened it expecting to see the maid ready to clean.

"Oh, you're not asleep?" Jeongguk stood there with a surprised face.

Taehyung nodded slowly, "Did you need something?"

"Um well," Jeongguk shyly looked around the boys clean room, "Well it's been two weeks since we spent time together, and we spoke about doing things you usually do but together...I was wondering if you wanted to do that?"

"Now?" Taehyung raised his eyebrows although he had nothing against the idea. He just didn't understand why on a random night the man wanted to hang out.

"Yeah, I guessed you only like going out at this time." Jeongguk smiled nervously.

He wasn't sure why he was so nervous. Perhaps because Taehyung might say no and remind him that they aren't real soulmates and then lash out. Or because he never asked to do something casual with the boy so it felt like he was striking up a conversation with someone he had just met.

"Oh, sure, let me grab my phone." Taehyung walked back into his room and picked up his phone and earphones.

"Are you not gonna wear a coat or hoodie at least? It's pretty cold at this time." Jeongguk worriedly asked while tugging down on his own hoodie which had plenty of layers underneath.

The sound of worry made Taehyung's heartache and voice shake, "Uh no, I'm used to it."

"Okay, let's go, where are we going first?" Jeongguk stuck his hands into his pockets and walked beside the boy who shrugged and stared down at the floor.

"I usually smoke weed before I do anything." He mumbled as they got downstairs, "Do you want to do that?"

"No. Hell no." Jeongguk sternly spoke.

Taehyung softly laughed at his response, "I was just joking, I don't have any on me anyway. We can smoke a cigarette though."

"Are we gonna be walking?" The elder asked not exactly keen on walking everywhere since he was used to driving.

Taehyung nodded, "If I can't be bothered to walk, I get drunk and then I don't worry about the cold or walking."

Jeongguk hummed and glanced down at his Rolex, "I don't think any bars are open at this time, you can't drink while on medication anyway."