nineteen.

Taehyung stirred awake to the feeling of emptiness around him. In a panic he sat up and immediately searched for his cousin, sighing in relief when he saw the girl sleeping soundly beside him. He then let his eyes fall onto Jeongguk who was not getting dressed for what he remembered was the event party the man had been talking about for weeks.

"Oh you're up," Jeongguk turned around with a gentle smile while he did his tie up, "Your aunt and uncle are going to be here to collect Soojin soon, do you wanna get ready?"

Taehyung silently looked at the girl and then shook his head, "Can you, um, give her to them? Just say I'm busy."

"Okay. Why don't you start getting ready for the event party? We need to leave in an hour," Jeongguk walked over and carefully picked up the girl, cooing when she stirred awake at the movement.

Taehyung felt his heart grow warm as he watched how sweetly Jeongguk handled the baby. It made him wish that she was theirs and this was their everyday life, but he knew that was just another daydream that he'd never be able to see.

"Okay."

"The maids moved all your toiletries, she'll move your clothes while we're gone. There's a suit inside the closet for you to wear once you're ready." Jeongguk began to make his way to the door and glanced back at Taehyung who had a pained expression on as he began to get ready.

I'm so pathetic I can't even face them. No wonder everyone in my life steps on me, I know Jeongguk will be next. He tiredly stared at himself in the mirror, frowning at how unstable he looked. Eyes dull and heavy, skin pale, hair a mess and he overall just despised what he had done to himself.

Unfortunately, he didn't see how his pale skin was slowly becoming more tan and had a dewy appearance to it that Jeongguk always admired. How his eyes that were heavy made him look mysterious and seductive, the messy hair only making him more tempting.

He roughly turned the taps on and decided to just hurry up with getting ready since they only had an hour to prepare. The entire time he avoided his reflection including when he was getting dressed.

He made sure to not spare a glance at his scarred arms or look in the mirror where he could see how thin he was due to most of his diet being drugs and alcohol.

But that meant he missed out on how needle scars were now faded, how he was putting on some weight and he had fewer fresh cuts.

There was a knock at the room door before Jeongguk hastily stepped inside, "Ready?"

"Uh, yeah, just need to find some shoes to put on." Taehyung replied quietly and kept his eyes down.

Jeongguk hated it. It reminded him of when they first met and Taehyung would never look at him.

"Walk further into the closet, I got you some new ones. Do you want me to wait here for you?"

"No, I'll meet you in the car." Taehyung mumbled and dragged his feet further into the walk-in closet where he could see a new box of shoes. God, I hate it when he does this. Dressing me up like his personal doll and making me do whatever he likes.

Jeongguk didn't say anything and just made his way downstairs to his car, mind still set on how Taehyung was refusing to look at him.

After a few minutes, the other door of his car opened to reveal Taehyung stepping inside fully dressed. The boy silently buckled up and ignored how Jeongguk was admiring his sad beauty.

"Make sure to eat something when we get there and throughout the day, we'll be there for a long time," Jeongguk started up the car and begin to pull out of the drive way, "We'll be sitting at a table together separate from my parents, it would probably be awkward with them-"