Chapter 104 - Just a Girl

Roughly around the same time. Los Angeles, News Station.

Inside a newsroom where many attendants and staff members attend to their places to broadcast the news, it all seems like a typical atmosphere where coffee breaks are expected, as well as mandatory faces to emit among the viewers when it comes to the news. And yet when it comes to those working with the Zlocu, things couldn't get any different from what it looks like. Filled with Zlocan banners in most areas of the room, namely some flagpoles and such, some even bigger than others, even larger than the American flag. And some screens even show the main house present in the Zlocan flags.

At the center of the studio, there are two anchors sitting down and reading the script in front of them, all maintaining a courteous demeanor in front of the cameras while different graphs of increasing values are shown behind them. The room looks fancy, yes, but when it comes to the Evolving Zones, there's something shadier than what the information presents to the audience. One is a male, and another is a female, all light-skinned and with blue eyes as they share some laughs over the information they present to the public.

"Now, while it's truly amazing that our output is still reaching new heights, there are still big matters to attend to when it comes to social security, don't you think, Jessica?" the man asks Jessica who is sitting next to him.

"That's correct Tom, but there's someone truly special when it comes to reporting this sort of news. And luckily for us and the audience, she's right here at the right time," Jessica says as she smiles widely.

"Indeed. Ladies and gentlemen, please give a round of applause to your favorite host in American Truth, the one who will give us what we want to hear when our sovereignty is threatened by criminal terrorists!" Tom says as he points at the other side of the room, one that looks initially dimly lit with blackened screens as well. All until the screens turn on, showing a flowing American flag waving in the background, with one spotlight showing a chair with the back turned, all while a high-key jingle starts playing.

"You want to seek honest to God answers for your worries? A voice where it can tell you the best course of action? The course to defend the righteous citizens like yourself? American Truth presents yours truly your favorite segment of the day, The Hartman Determinant, hosted by yours truly, Sally Hartman!" an announcer says in the intercom as the chair turns, revealing a woman with red hair with a ponytail and blue eyes, as well as a blue suit, red tie and a white heels. Sally gives the v-signs to the audience who are clapping and roaring with excitement in front of the host of this particular segment of the newscast.

"Well hello there, here's the latest knocking dose from your one and only, Sally Hartman!" Sally says while still smiling widely at the clapping audience before she sits down and clears her throat while crossing her fingers and clears her throat.

"Now, Sally, would you care to inform the viewers of the latest and how we can manage it?" the announcer asks, which makes Sally furrow her brow and sets her jaw as she focuses on the audience in front of her.

"With pleasure. Now, right during the morning, as our brave troops tried to inspect more of the Evolving Zones in South LA, tragedy struck as one group of terrorists ambushed the brave men while heading to one of the districts, with said terrorists being the so-called 'Patriotic Warriors' who claim that they're the true fighters who want to protect our own brethren from hostile influence," Sally says while screens appear behind her, showing footage recorded from a drone of a firefight taking place in the small town, with some trucks stationed nearby as the soldiers cover fire at the building where the militia is stationed. Murmuring and some gasps are heard as footage of the carnage is shown, with some militia men falling to the ground while others try to drag them back.