2. God Of Desire

Akira took in a deep breath, and immediately, a small smile made its way on his face. The smell of freshly brewed coffer inside the café near his office building was what gave him the strength to get through the day, to deal with his bothersome seniors and annoying customers.

"Hello and welcome to the PawStrings! What can I get for you today?" Asked the cashier, who was the daughter of the owner of this café. Akira was here regularly, like a few other employees of the 'Star Works', hence, most of the café workers knew him. "The usual?" She added before he even got to speak.

"Yeah, and a latte, with whipped cream."

The girl nodded her head and typed in the register before handing the receipt to him. "I will call you once the coffee is done,"

"Thank you," After paying the bill, Akira went to sit at a small table beside the window, right behind a house plant to take out his phone and go over the tasks for the day.

While going through the messages, he found one from an unknown number and opened it with furrowed eyebrows.

'Your bike is delivered. The keys are with the security guy. Here's the proof'

Satisfied with the picture, he shot a quick thanks and kept his phone back as his name was called out to pick up the order, not really bothering to save up the contact

Satisfied with the picture, he shot a quick thanks and kept his phone back as his name was called out to pick up the order, not really bothering to save up the contact. Since he won't ever meet her again, right?

Oh, how wrong he was.

"Everyone! I would like for you to meet your new intern."

Akira stared at the same girl who had helped him yesterday - quite forcefully to say, standing there with the manager of his team, smiling and introducing herself as if she is not a menace to society.

"She's not, though."

"Huh?" Akira straightened up in his chair, throwing a questioning glance at his best friend. "What did you just say? I didn't hear you."

"I said she's not a menace to society." Akira blinked up at him, wondering whether his best friend just read his mind since he never said anything out loud.

"You said that out loud." He smiled innocently, pulling out the chewed up straw from Akira's mouth and throwing it in a dustbin nearby before replacing it with one of the steel straw he kept with him "You shouldn't chew on paper straws."

"Thanks.." Akira mumbled and was about to mind his own business until the general manager called out his name.

"Yes, sir?" He wasn't gonna stand up. Even the nudge on his ribs by his best friend won't make him.

"She's new here. You must teach her everything and take care of her."

"Why me?" Akira complained, a slight whine in his voice.

"Because as I remembered, you got out of the last OT saying you will train the next new employee." His manager smirked in victory as Akira threw him a disgusted glare. "Well, if you still don't want that, I can easily increase your OT and cut off the next increment." He added.