6. Old Friends Take A Risk

"What is all this noise at such a late hour?" Akira's body stiffened at the voice, as the footsteps came closer and closer until the door was opened.

"Eros, is that you?" Spoke the blond before his eyes had fallen onto the pair on the floor.

"Akira.."

Akira couldn't believe his eyes. He quickly got off the floor and stood up before walking over to the blond. "J- Jace.."

As soon as his name left Akira's mouth, Jace wasted no time in pulling his best friend in his arms. His arms wrapped around Akira's shoulder as he rubbed his back.

Akira, too, let his head rest on Jace's shoulder, taking in every little feeling of his warm and comforting embrace.

"I missed you so much, Akira.."

Akira nodded his head, "So did I." He spoke. "You were the only person I wished to see again."

The two let go of each other, and now, Jace looked at the situation, which had bounced over his head in terms of understanding.

"But.. how are you here? Like this..?" He gestured over to Akira's naked chest and torso. "And, who is that? And what's going on?"

Akira laughed. It felt amazing to hear Jace bombarding him with questions once again. "Gargoyles attacked, but this time they bit my friend and I," He gestured back to Aurora. "Had to get her treated, and Eros denied entrance if it weren't us both, so had to come here."

Jace's face fell, "They are still behind you?"

"Yeah, vampires have joined them too. They think I killed their leader." He shrugged.

"Did you take the roots? If it was a Gargoyles bite, you must take them, or else the wounds will appear again-" Jace started but was soon cut off by a small voice.

"Where.. am I..?"

Hearing Aurora's voice, Akira quickly turned around and helped her sit up.

Aurora looked around the very unfamiliar room, painted white in most of the walls and ceiling, except a few colourful details, it was mostly empty. No furniture or whatever, just a few boxes lying here and there.

While her eyes were roaming around, they fell on her own body, and she gasped, covering her revealed stomach with her hands. "M.. My clothes.."

"They had to be taken off for treatment," Akira told her, snatching Eros' jacket from the floor and covering her with it. "Don't worry, they are bringing you a change of clothes."

Aurora quickly pulled it closer to her body and watched the unknown man crouch in front of her.

"And who this beauty might be?" Jace asked with a smile. "I'm Jace Salvatore, God of Salvation." He introduced, offering her a handshake.

"Aurora Ellenore.." She mumbled in a daze, caught off by the title this blond man introduced himself with.

Jace smiled and stood back up as the three entered back in the room, holding the clothes.

"Oh, you woke up!" Lyra cheered, quickly going by Aurora's side to check her.

"Don't worry," Akira told Aurora when he saw the look in her face, "Lyra's my friend, other ones my sister, they'll take care of you."

"I'm lyra," Lyra introduced with a smile before taking Aurora to the other section of the room and separating the two parts with a thick curtain.

Once they were out of sight, Akira turned to Eros, who threw a robe at his face.