8. The Black Dragon Warrior

Akira could feel his shoulder and torso throbbing in pain, and his eyes burned in dryness after crying for the whole time he was stuck inside the nightmare of his worst memories. He wanted to open his eyes and look around, but he couldn't even bring himself to open his eyelids.

Yet, he could hear just fine. He heard the conversations between Lyra and Aurora, where Lyra told her what to expect from a place like this. Jace chirped in a few when he was mentioned, but otherwise, he silently stayed by Akira's side, replacing the cold towels on his forehead when they warmed up.

In the little voices he could hear, he wondered where Akari and Eros were. Because he hasn't heard Eros' voice after his argument with Jace. And somewhere deep down, it worried him. It was no mystery that the God Of Desire was known for his stupid actions in temper.

"How's everything?" Akira's ears perked up when he heard Eros' voice.

"I think he is out of the nightmares.." Jace said, replacing the warm towel with the cold one once again. "But he hasn't woken up yet."

"How did it go with you two?" Jace questioned as Akari stepped inside the room and closed the door behind her.

"We are hoping to find out the reasons for his .. actions." As the words left Akari's mouth, Akira's throat went dry, and the palms of his hands turned sweaty.

"Akira, I beg you on my knees, please! Please don't tell this to anyone! Let this be a secret between us, please, Akira!"

Prae's face swiped in front of his eyes, his desperate face begging for freedom.

With a loud gasp, Akira's eyes shot open. His chest rose heavily as he took deep breaths and snapped his neck around to look at the place he was in. Of course, where else but his old bedroom.

Things would have gone quite wrong if he hadn't known about this already.

"Akira? Can you hear me?" Jace earned nothing but a gentle nod from Akira as an answer for his question.

With a small groan, Akira pushed himself up with the help of his elbows and sat up when Jace helped him. Akira thankfully accepted the water offered by Lyra, quenching his thirst.

Even though he knew where he was, and knew about the presence of all of the people inside that place, Akira couldn't help but be reduced to nothing but pure shame and embarrassment at the fact that, a lot of people had seen him cry and sputter whatever nonsense he has been mumbling.

He just wanted to get out of this place as soon as possible and hopefully never see anyone again.

As he threw the covers off of him, Jace's hand grabbed onto his wrist, forbidding any further action. "Where do you think you're going?"

"To send Aurora to her home?" Even though it was supposed to be an answer, it sounded more like a question, even to Akira himself.

"What if the gargoyles attack once again?" Lyra's voice was laced with concern as she glanced at Akira's bare torso, covered in bandages.

"They won't."

"How are you so sure?"

"It's a pattern. They never attack continuously." Akira assured and tried to get out of the bed once again but was restricted when he was met with Eros standing right in front of him.

"What are you doing? Move aside." But Eros neither moved nor spoke something.

As Akira opened his mouth to speak again, Eros beat him to it.

"I have decided." He announced, making everyone except Akari share confused glances with each other.

"Congratulations, can you move aside now?" Akira cut him off before he even got a chance to elaborate.