12. Destined To Be A Warrior

The three were quietly sitting around the small storage room - well, at least two were sitting quietly.

"How can neither of you freak out?!" Sandra whispered with a hiss. She knew no one should hear them back here, or they might get in trouble.

"Calm down, Sandra." Eric mumbled, wiping the blood from his hands as if he wasn't just about to be sucked dry by a vampire. "It isn't that big of a deal."

"For you." She hissed again, with a scoff. Leaning back against the wall, "You aren't a human, right?"

"I'm." Eric glanced at his hands, watching the cuts disappear. "Just a really small part, Dragon."

"D.. dra— dragon?" Sandra stuttered, eye wide in shock as she scooted over to Aurora. "Please tell me you're a human."

Aurora laughed, wrapping an arm around the traumatised girl. "I'm, don't worry."

The three immediately quieted down when the door knob started turning. They watched in fear, hoping it would not be some other employee.

As the door opened, Akira walked in, Jasper at his tail, his head hung low as he shuffled inside, allowing Akira to close the door behind them.

"You can breathe, Jasper." Eric allowed, raising his hands to show him there was no blood, and the wound was healed.

Jasper let out a breath of relief, finally relaxing his shoulders, until they tensed again at the sight of a terrified Sandra.

"Sandra, listen.."

"No." The girl cut him off quickly before standing up, pulling Aurora with her. "I'm not gonna listen to you three creatures yapping away about how you are not a threat, 'cause you are."

Jasper's shoulder fell. It was his biggest nightmare, to be classified as a monster.. as a threat to innocent humans. But he wasn't! It wasn't his fault that he was born this way. It isn't his fault that his people had terrorised the humans. He wasn't like them. And will never be.

"None of you should be here. In between humans. You will cause nothing but damage. All of you are nothing but disgusting creatures that roam around the place that will never belong to you. This Earth belongs to humans, not horrifying creatures that deserve to be executed away from this place."

As Sandra moved to walk out of the room with Aurora, a hand on her shoulder stopped her from moving further.

She glared at Akira, ready to yell at him, but he didn't give her a chance to even open her mouth.

"Do you think it's only us?" He spoke slowly, a low voice that held the authority. "Us as creatures are spread all over the world, in places that you shall never even imagine." He glared at the girl. Each and every creature that lived on this Earth was his. Akira was their shield to protect them from the berating humans who put them down. But he won't let them.

It can not be denied that humans have been victimised by the creatures, but that also doesn't mean that humans haven't held a grudge against the innocents. For one vampire that threatened them, they burned the whole village of them.

"There is a high possibility that the sweet looking nurse in the hospital you go for daily checkups is a vampire. Or that one extremely good-looking neighbour you have is a Nine-tailed fox. So don't go berating those who had never done anything wrong to you. The disgusting one is not us, but you who accuse the innocent. I better not her you talk shit about my creatures, understood?"

Sandra was left stunned at the words. The words had charged at her with such a poisonous tone that it struck fear right in her heart.

Akira stared at her, challenging her to speak another word, but instead of speaking, she let the corners of her mouth turn up in a cocky smirk.