Interlude #1

*Smack!*

"Ah!" A young Ellis, somewhere around six years old, cried as he fell to the floor, a red mark on his cheek.

"Ugh! How dare you, you brat!" A masculine voice shouted. "I work hard to bring food and you dared to, not only eat everything, but asking to leave some for tomorrow?! How ungrateful you are!"

Ellis bites his lips. He can't even say anything because that's just going to make things worse. 

"Love. Forget it, this shit stain is to dumb to appreciate our efforts, unlike his sister." A feminine voice spoke, sounding bored and disappointed. "Aside from making himself a good 'release target' and doing chores for the house."

"Tch! He's lucky to be useful in those things. Can't believe I waste..." Ellis could care less about what the hell those two monsters called 'parents' were talking about. He just wants to crawl back to the hole he calls 'room'. "Are you sure we can't just sell this thing?" His father suggested, and Ellis felt fear gripping his heart.

They even ignored his name already.

"No." The mother declined. "Look at him. Barely has meat, normal smart, and his incompetence? We'll only get much if we actually prepare him."

"Bah! Let him learn by himself. We have more things to worry about; we barely have enough money to pay for our daughter." The father growled.

Ellis hated it. Always comparing him to his sister. All because he isn't smart enough to rival her. She's Mommy and Daddy's favorite-it's always her!

"You punk! Get the fuck out of here! Go and clean the bathroom, and I better not see a speck of dust!" Ah, the small part of light called mercy.

Without hesitation, but difficulty, Ellis stood up and ran to the bathroom.

...

...

...

The camera zooms back, showing a static TV screen. Moving back, we see the older Ellis, staring at the TV with a neutral look at it, a remnant of his childhood forming on it before he changes the channel with his remote, changing the channel randomly. ('Why do I always make this repeat?') Ellis sighs as he sits on the couch.

It was 2 PM that day. Ellis slept his eight hours in peace and ate something, now, he was looking through the TV to see anything. Just a bunch of a few movies, not good but meh, it's Tuesday. Nothing good is on a Tuesday.

(AN: Millions of people that object to this statement began to sneeze without reason.)

"Sigh...Sometimes, I wish things were a bit easy." Ellis randomly said as he stood up and walked up to the fridge, next to it was Goldie...holding a can of Sprite. "Meh, no use complaining now. I found a job, albeit I'm still trying to believe I will not die by getting stuffed into it." He said as he opened the fridge and pulled out a can of soda, opening it. "I mean, at the moment, maybe this was all a prank by Johnny, like a double meaning prank, you know?" He closed the fridge and walked back to the couch...the golden plushy having disappeared from its spot. "Still, if it is, how does the boss allow this? Speaking of him, I do hope to meet him and ask why he didn't inform me about roaming free robots. Has he never seen the Willy Wonderland movie? Probably got the idea from there..." Ellis stops talking as he processes what he just said, never seeing Goldie on the couch, holding a bucket of popcorn. "...Huh, that ain't a bad description. Unfortunately, I can't act like our Tiger, Nicolas Cage. Curse my condition and confidence." He flopped on the couch and began to look for the control, "Now where is...Oh, there it is." He grabs the controller that was on Goldie's nonexistent fingers. "Thanks for holding that Goldie." He thanked the plush before changing channels.