A Mystery Job and End of Night 2

(3:10 AM, Corridor)

________________________________________________________________________________

"Alright...No more distractions. Just go to the office, and ask questions without, read: try, making him uncomfortable." Fredina mumbled to herself as she made her way to the office to talk with Ellis.

She could not explain how this all happened. First, she made a wild goose, then she was asked by Chiku to deliver some pizza, then she got into small sparring with Fexa, and then she just...lost herself...

Again, she could not explain.

Thankfully, she was sure Ellis had finished his chores and was now in the office.

Reaching the doors, she knocks on the frame, "Ellis? You're here?" She peeks inside and finds Ellis sitting on the chair resting against it while his hat covers his face, hiding his expression. "Already tired? But it's barely half the shift." She walked up to him, "Listen, I...have something to ask, and I hope that is not uncomfortable and you can answer it."

...

...

...

"...Ellis?" She spoke to him again, getting no response. "Are you okay? You looked very active not too long ago." She placed her hand on his shoulder and slightly shook it.

Still no response.

"Hey, are you breathing?" Fredina got concerned as she placed her hand on his chest, feeling a pulse that calmed her. "Okay," She raised his hat. "Are you-"

!?

The hat fell off the side, into the floor.

Fredina felt her entire programming go haywire in terror when she saw the state of Ellis, as she step back. "Oh no...!"

Ellis' eyes were wide open, but instead of pupils, they were replaced by some sort of static interface. Like a TV having lost signal.

('Dammit!') Fredina cursed herself at this. ('I should have known she would do this! I couldn't even inform him in time about it!')

The thing is, there was something Fredina purposely did not inform Ellis about. She was hoping to give him some time to adjust and calm down about this predicament.

That the pizzeria had a spectrum guarding them...with a mix of feelings of humans that take this job.

"Dammit, Ellis...I can't help you on this." She whispered as she grabbed his cheek and caressed it. "I can only hope you'll survive."

________________________________________________________________________________

(???)

________________________________________________________________________________

He...wasn't sure what happened.

One moment, he was staring at two dark orbs with small white dots, and then, he was...sitting in some sort of small old office, with a tablet.

"...O...kay..." He mumbled in confusion, knowing he wasn't in his real office. He tried to get up, finding it impossible as if he was glued to it. "Weird dream...Now what?"

*Ring!*

He yelped in surprise when he heard a phone ring, which magically appeared on the table. It kept ringing for a few seconds before, and after seeing he had no other option, Ellis reached for it and answered the call. "H-Hello?"