𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐝

Wednesday's Trip Back To Nevermore <3

⋆˚✿˖°.⋆˚✿˖°. ⋆˚✿˖°. ⋆˚✿˖°. 

Wednesday had no choice but to go back. It's not like she hated Nevermore, in fact, with every thing that happened last year, she quite enjoyed it. Nearly dying sure had been a fun and interesting experience.  

She had missed the excited blond puffball, Enid Sinclair, her roommate. They had gotten closer this school year than Wednesday had ever gotten to anyone.

She had already packed all her clothes, her bedding, her typewriter, and any other objects she needed for her time back at school. She held the strap of her backpack, the one containing Thing, tightly. Lurch made some unknown groaning noise. Wednesday clambered into the car with her stuff, shoving the car door shut and sitting completely still in the back seat.

Her parents would not be coming to see her off this time. They were planning a sort of talk to the dead party that would require a lot of beforehand planning. 

Not that Wednesday cared, she much proffered the solitude of driving alone. 

Wednesday pulled her phone out of her pocket. Technology had been at the bottom of her list for, well, forever. She never wanted to get sucked into the brain gobbling void. So she required it simply for the use of messaging Enid and Xavier. 

Wednesday also never wanted to message Xavier.

She didn't have anything against him; she COULDN'T have anything against him. He should hold a grudge with her, for tossing him in jail. But yet, he had bought her a phone, and continued to text her all break. 

And for some reason, she didn't mind. She didn't know if it was because she felt guilty for last year, that she owed him a lot. But she always answered his messages. She even got a little excited. He made her...happy.

Not that she ever would admit it. She was well aware of her feelings for him, but would never tell anyone. 

Thing slowly crawled out of her bag. 

~Not a slave to technology, huh?~ He tapped.

"I'm not a slave. I'm simply checking up on necessary information." She hissed, lightly slapping him away. 

~Talking to Xavierr~ 

"Actually, I'm checking the weather."

~Open the window, I'm sure you'll know the weather then~

"You're not amusing."

Thing made a sort of shrugging motion with his fingers.

~Is Enid still your roommate?~ 

"As far as I know."

Thing jumped a little, clearly excited. Wednesday wasn't sure what was exciting about weekly manicures.

Wednesday watched outside the window, the green trees brushing by, looking like happy blurs due to their speed. She watched birds and foxes cross the road behind them. Wednesday looked up and watch cloud after cloud float by, fluffy dust forming shapes and useless blobs. They reminded her of Enid.

~Have you talked to Enid this break?~ Thing tapped curiously.

"Yes."

~Cool.~

Clearly Wednesday was in no mood to speak. 

She saw the fence of Nevermore in front of the car. 

And so begins the new year. 

⋆˚✿˖°.⋆˚✿˖°. ⋆˚✿˖°. ⋆˚✿˖°. ⋆˚✿˖°. 

Leave a vote! Leave a comment! 

Should I keep going with this story?

Luv ya! 

-Em <3