004 𝗌𝗎𝗆𝗆𝖾𝗋 𝖽𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗌

* 𝐏𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 ——❪ chapter four ❫             !

𝐏𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 ——
chapter four ❫             !

     Mackenzie woke up in the middle of the night, Conrad sleeping beside her. She had fallen asleep with him holding the — now defrosted — peas on her lip.

     She couldn't help but notice how he held her tightly close to him. A smile crept up on her face, as she softly dragged her hands through his hair.

     The dirty-blonde boy began to breathe heavily and rapidly. "Conrad." Mackenzie panicked, trying to shake him awake. After repeating his name multiple times he finally woke up.

     He placed his hand on his chest, rubbing it. "Are you okay?" The worried blonde asked, tucking strands of hair behind his ear. "Can we go downstairs?" He requested.

     The two walked down to the kitchen. Conrad stopped when he noticed his mother sleeping on the couch, he smiled, it sent him a shot of comfort.

     Mackenzie grabbed a cup, "Water?" Conrad nodded his head, sitting down on the island counter, as he rubbed his temples. The blonde poured water into the cup handing it to Conrad.

     "Why were you breathing so heavily?" Mackenzie questioned. "I don't know." Worry filled Conrad's voice as he got up.

     "I think there's just a lot on my mind." He continued. The two walk back upstairs. "You know you can always tell me anything." The Sanchez teenager informed the dirty blonde.

     "I can't. I don't want to put you through the pain I already go through." Conrad's voice cracked, and he began walking to his room.

     Mackenzie stood in the dark hallway, looking at Conrad's door.

𓆉

     Mackenzie sat in the kitchen, she leaned on the island counter eating fruit loops. She continued to glance over at Conrad, who was laying on the couch.

"I can't believe you let this happen to your lip." Laurel touched the swollen part of Mackenzie's lip. "It's fine. I'm okay." Mackenzie glanced over at Conrad who was already looking at her.

     The sound of Jeremiah starting the blender startled her. "Give a warning next time, Jesus!" She yelled louder than the blender.

     Mackenzie finished her cereal, drinking some of the leftover milk before Jeremiah stopped beside her.

     "What?" She furrowed her brows.

     "You're just going to drink the milk in front of me and not give me any?" Jeremiah placed his hands on his hips.

     Mackenzie sighed before handing her bowl to Jeremiah who quickly drank the milk in it.

"Alright, come on man. I don't wanna be late for my first day of work." Steven rushed Jeremiah. "We won't. We're good."

"Come on, man." Steven slapped Jeremiah's ass.

"Those old country club boomers are gonna top me so hard, man, they won't know what hit 'em," Steven smirked.

Mackenzie side-eyed him, "All right, I think it's time for you to leave." Steven rolled his eyes, laughing at Mackenzie's response.

"Come on, Mackenzie. My boy's got to get that bread." Jeremiah praised.

Belly walked into the kitchen.

"Belly, where have you been?" Laurel raised one of her brows, "Is that a bruise?" Laurel tucked Belly's hair behind her ear, inspecting the bruise. "Um, I-I bumped into someone."

"You bumped into someone?"

"Doesn't look that bad," Conrad spoke.

As Mackenzie was about to head outside into the backyard, Susannah came rushing to the kitchen.

"Oh, my God!" Susannah held two tiny cards in her hands. 'Nelly and Mackie are gonna be debutantes." Susannah laughed.

Susannah hugged both girls individually. "It's really not that big of a deal," Belly told Susannah.

Mackenzie looked over to Conrad who was smiling, happy she signed up to be a debutante.

"I'm sorry, Like, Belly and Mackenzie? Like, my sisters. Like, those two things right there?" Steven pointed at both girls.

"Don't be such a hater, Steven." Mackenzie shook her head, smiling.

"Okay, this is gonna be so much fun. Just you wait. There is uh... there's the tea, the auction, the ball, of course, the rehearsal. I got to write this down." Susannah informed the girls. "We need to go shopping." Susannah gasped.

Both Belly and Mackenzie laughed.

"This sounds... expensive." Laurel kissed her teeth.

"Oh, don't worry, Laur. It's on me." Susannah smiled.

Instead of Mackenzie going to the backyard, she sat down next to Belly. "Now which one of you is going to be Mackie and Belly's escort?" Susannah asked the boys.

"Not me, I went last year," Conrad spoke.

"Yeah, and I swore off balls," Jeremiah added.

Mackenzie and Steven laughed at Jeremiah's response. "The dances, guys." Jeremiah defended himself.

"Wow, guys. Stop fighting over me." Belly laughed, "Um. I'm not going with either of you. I am going to find my own date."

Mackenzie smiled, "I second that." She pointed her finger to the ceilings

"Wikipedia says debutante balls require instruction in morals and social etiquette." Laurel scrolled through her laptop. "Didn't they ever teach you in school to not use Wikipedia?" Mackenzie furrowed her brows.

"Well, they're not wrong. You both could use some etiquette." Steven chuckled. Mackenzie rolled her eyes.

Mackenzie stared out the window watching Conrad. She turned to look at Belly who was doing the same. She stood up quickly, it so hard trying to hide her feelings from a boy she really liked.

"Well, hurry up! We have shopping to do." Susannah cheered.

     AUTHORS NOTE ! [ 879 words ]
—— vote and comment ❪ don't be a ghost reader
this chapter is short but i'm "speed writing" chapters
as in i'm publishing one after the next bc i rlly wanna
get to season 2 because i have a lot in mind but yes.
hope you enjoyed !!

—— ignore any grammar mistakes they will be fixed !
feedback on this chapter would be amazing <3