008 𝖻𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗁𝖽𝖺𝗒𝗌

* 𝐏𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 ——❪ chapter eight ❫             !

* 𝐏𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 ——
chapter eight ❫             !

Sixteen. The age Belly and Mackenzie turned today. An age that would have a lot of change. Ever since Mackenzie lost both of her parents and moved in with the Conklins she always celebrated her birthday with Belly — even if her birthday was in August —

Laurel would make Mickey Mouse pancakes for the girls and Everyone would give them presents. Not only that but the boys had to include the girls in almost every activity they did.

5 summers ago !

Mackenzie turned eleven years old, along with Belly. The two families sat at the table, singing the Happy Birthday song to the girls.

"Happy birthday to you, Mackenzie and Belly." The two families sang in unison.

Laurel placed down two separate Mickey Mouse pancakes in front of Belly and Mackenzie. "Make a wish." Laurel lit the candles.

Mackenzie closed her eyes, she wasn't sure of what to wish for but there was one thing she knew wouldn't come true but she still wished for it. 'I wish for my parents to come back' She opened her eyes and blew out the candles.

After she blew out her candles, Conrad crouched down beside her with the bottle of syrup in his hand. He began to draw a — poorly done — dove. "Keep on doing what you do." He smiled, hugging Mackenzie.

present time !

Mackenzie walked down the stairs with Belly, walking into the kitchen. The Kitchen was decorated, the way Susannah always did on the girls' birthday.

"Good morning, guys." Mackenzie smiled.

"Happy birthday!" Everyone cheered as they began to hug the girls.

Jeremiah hugged Mackenzie, "Happy sweet sixteen, Mackie." He paused, letting go of the hug, "You're gonna love my present the most."

"Now Belly Button and Gummy Bear are getting old finally. Happy birthday." Steven took a bite of bacon.

As Mackenzie went to grab a piece of bacon, Conrad moved the plate. She laughed, as she finally took a piece of bacon.

"Thanks, everyone." Belly laughed.

"Thank you," Mackenzie added.