016 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗃𝗂𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗒 𝖿𝖾𝖾𝗅𝗂𝗇𝗀

* 𝐏𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 ——❪ chapter sixteen ❫           !

* 𝐏𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 ——
chapter sixteen ❫           !

Anxiety.

The feeling Mackenzie woke up with. She remembered everything from what happened last night, it felt odd to her. And it didn't help her one bit that the ball was today, meaning she had to come in contact with Belly.

"Morning." Conrad smiled as he stretched his arms out. "Morning." The blonde replied blandly, she was way too tired to be up this early in the morning.

She got out of bed, feeling dizzier than ever. She placed her hand on the wall using it as support to help her balance. "God, my eyes feel dry." She rubbed them trying to bring moisture to them.

Mackenzie walked out of Conrad's room to see Belly on the other side of the hallway. 'Fuck.' The blonde thought to herself as she re-entered Conrad's room, closing the door.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Belly." She paused, "She's out there."

"You're going to have to talk to her, no matter how much you hate her right now." Conrad stood up, rubbing Mackenzie's back. "Plus, today's the big day." He chuckled trying to bring some light into the conversation.

Mackenzie smiled, but deep down she was not prepared for this day. At any moment she was ready to break down and cry, all she wanted was to be in the comfort of her own mother's arms.

"Hey, sis." Steven came out of the bathroom, "Are you excited?"

Mackenzie smiled, at least Steven wasn't mad at her. She didn't even answer his question before she hugged him. "What... is this about." Steven seemed skeptical of the hug. "Nothing, just you being a good brother."

𓆉

     You could imagine how awkward the drive was with Belly. Mackenzie didn't say anything, but she really wanted to. Instead, she stared out the window, looking at the road. She hated being in the same proximity Belly.

     "Please don't act a fool in there." Belly gripped the steering wheel, paying attention to the road.

     Mackenzie furrowed her brows, entirely baffled at what Belly had just said. "When have I ever acted a fool?"

     "Last night."

     The blonde's face was filled with a mixture of confusion and anger, "I didn't act like a fool last night." She shook her head, "I don't have time for this right now.