018 𝖿𝗎𝗇𝖾𝗋𝖺𝗅

* 𝐏𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 ——❪ chapter eighteen ❫         !

* 𝐏𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 ——
chapter eighteen ❫         !

BIRDY — people
help the people !

You never realize how much you miss someone until they're really gone. And that's exactly how many people who attended Susannah's funeral felt.

     Mackenzie's skin was paler than ever, not once did she think she'd be sitting in a church for Susannah's funeral. It didn't help that Susannah promised her that she would make it, she hated that the promise was broken but it was out of both Mackenzie's and Susannah's control.

     It was now time for the Blonde to give her eulogy on Susannah. Something she wasn't prepared to do. She walked up to the podium, taking out a crumbled piece of paper that she used to write down her speech.

          "I couldn't imagine losing someone as special as Susannah," Mackenzie paused, trying to hold in her tears

"I couldn't imagine losing someone as special as Susannah," Mackenzie paused, trying to hold in her tears. "Today, we gather here to honor the life and memory of a tremendous woman who played an outstanding role in each and every one of our lives. Susannah was a kind and loving woman, not even words could describe how much she meant to us."

"Susannah made sure we were happy, she didn't want us to suffer. She wiped away our tears and made us feel seen and heard. It didn't matter if it was something small or something big, she was there. Even the smallest gestures are what made her such an amazing woman." The blonde looked around the room watching the faces of all the people, specifically Conrad's.

"I even remember when I was only seven years old and I had broken my arm, she was there by my side. She made sure to give me popsicles, and even when I insisted she didn't have to be there she stuck by my side the whole time." Mackenzie chuckled, wiping the tears off her face.

"But even if she's gone, that doesn't mean we can't be happy. I know she's up there looking down at us and it would hurt her to see us like this." Mackenzie smiled, knowing she was on the verge of tears.

"Let us celebrate her, and the many memories you shared with her because you never know when the people you love most will leave you. So make sure to cherish these moments with your heart and keep the people you love close to you."

The blonde stopped talking to take deep breaths, "Dear Susannh, You—" Her voice trembled as she tried finishing her sentence, but she couldn't. It pained her to be like this. She stepped away from the podium and ran out of the building, crying.

Her hands covered her eyes as she let out small squeaks. The ball in her throat grew tighter and bigger, making it harder to breathe. As she stood there she felt a hand on her shoulder, turning around she saw Conrad. The blonde stood there, she didn't know what to do, "I can't do this, please just go."

      Conrad didn't listen to her, instead he pulled her into a tight hug, feeling how Mackenzie's muscles relaxed from its tense state. "It's okay." He stroked his hand through her hair. He knew this would hit harder for her, knowing she had already lost two of the most important people in her life and now Susannah was gone.

     Mackenzie let go of Conrad's grip, "Please leave." She turned away from him, picking at her hair. "No, As much as it pains me, physically, to see you like this and to be here, I don't want you to go through this alone."

"Why do you still care about me? After everything, Conrad. I hurt you, why won't you leave me?" She cried, every emotion she ever felt was hitting her all at once.

"Because, no matter how many times we've fought you've been there for me. And I'm going to do the same. Mack, I will always be here for you." Conrad Grabbed Mackenzie's hand, rubbing his thumb on the back of her hand.

"I don't know if I can go back in there." The blonde looked at Conrad, tears building up in her eyes making it hard to see him. "I just- I don't want her to be gone, I don't want to say goodbye just yet."

Conrad squeezed Mackenzie's hand tightly. He knew he had to be there for her and his mother. He knew he had to be happy and keep going even when it was hard. "It's okay, you don't have to say goodbye."

"But it's not, Conrad. I haven't slept in hours because every time I close my eyes I think about Susannah. The fact that she isn't here anymore and that I won't see her again. That I might never hear her voice again. I can't- It's not okay." The blonde let the tears flow down her face, landing softly on her clothes.

Every time she closed her eyes it was the image of Susannah. "Don't close your eyes, Just look at the sky," Conrad told her.

Laurel came outside of the building, "Connie, you're supposed to sing?" She furrowed her brows, not knowing he was going to. Conrad turned around, heading back into the building with Laurel.

Mackenzie looked up at the sky, "Please tell my parents to not forget about me. And Susannah, please don't forget about me."

AUTHORS NOTE ! [ 885 words ]
—— vote and comment ❪ don't be a ghost reader
this funeral will be more elaborate during the episode /
chapters where it has the funeral flash back but, yeah.

THIS chapter has been re-written. Not much of a difference,
but it will definitely be even more sadder in the funeral pt2 >_<

ALSO I'm sorry if it's not as sad, i've never lost a person
but I have lost a pet that meant a lot to me so I went based
off that and i know it's not the same but it did help me
write the emotion.

—— ignore any grammar mistakes they will be fixed !
feedback on this chapter would be amazing <3