014 𝗅𝖺𝗄𝖾𝗌, 𝗆𝗂𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗄𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗆𝖺𝗄𝖾𝗎𝗉𝗌

* 𝐏𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 ——❪ chapter fourteen ❫         !

* 𝐏𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 ——
chapter fourteen!

   Mackenzie stood near Susannah as she spoke. They were at a volleyball tournament to help raise money, along with Mackenzie selling baked goodies.

"Good afternoon. I'm Susannah Fisher... chair of the club's community service board, and I am delighted to welcome you to Play It Forward !" Everyone began cheering and clapping.

"You know, as my mother used to say, if you're lucky enough to be at the beach, you're lucky enough. And we are very fortunate indeed... which is why, in the spirit of fun and friendly competition... it is time to open our hearts and our wallets and give back to those who may not be as fortunate." Susannah continued.

"We have teams raising money for homelessness, women's shelters, environmental causes, and many more. We even have a special bake sale that will be donating money to each cause. And Play It Forward will match pledges for the winner of the tournament!" Susannah added.

"Have you thought about my suggestion?" Milo walked up to the stand, grabbing two brownies. "Milo." Mackenzie rolled her eyes.

She noticed Conrad glancing over at her and Milo.

"He won't look away," Mackenzie whispered.

"Who?"

"Conrad." Mackenzie looked at the dirty-blonde-haired boy who was glancing at her.

"He wants you, Mack." Milo paid for the two brownies as he stood next to Mackenzie. "No, he doesn't. He just wants to toy around with my feelings." She smiled as she took the money from the people walking up to the stand.

"Whatever you say, but I'm telling you, he wants you."

"Okay, enough Milo."

time skip to when the tournament it's over !

Mackenzie ran over to Belly cheering, "Congrats!" She hugged the brunette. "And Conrad, you did amazing." She added. Even if she didn't want to talk to Conrad she was still pretty impressed.

Conrad smiled, as he touched Mackenzie's hair. Him doing that brought her back to when she wasn't mad at him. When he was sleeping next to her as he pulled her closer to her. She shook her head signaling Conrad to let go of her hair.

She followed behind Belly and Taylor.

"Hey, Belly," Nicole called out for Belly. This caused all three of the girls to stop walking. "Hey, Nicole. Uh, you remember my friend Taylor?" Belly asked.

"Yeah, hi. Um, so my dad's boat just came up from Anguilla. Um, so what do you guys think about a pizza and rosé in a few hours?" Nicole suggested. "Just something fun to end the day. And you're more than welcome to come, too, Taylor and Mack." She added on.