13 | Jade

When Adrian gave me her contact number for emergency purposes, I was so pissed at him for dragging another therapist into my life. But after some time, I decided to have a little fun with her.

Afterall, she wasn't just another therapist.

She was my little lamb.

I decided to text her and pull her leg once again. I knew she was going to come visit me today at my place, but a little fun doesn't hurt.

I didn't give much thought to what I should write as my first text. I knew she was thinking about me; the things that I said to her yesterday did leave an impact on her, which was visible in her eyes.

As I sent my first text, I couldn't wait to see what reply she would give out of curiosity. I had an inkling that she would recognize me from the way I addressed her in the text. But when she took longer than expected to respond, I sent another one just in case she hadn't seen it before.

Miss therapist: Who are you? What do you want?

I scoffed at the choice of words she chose to respond. It sounded as if she got scared. I mean, she couldn't get scared only because I wrote 'missing me?' in the first text.

Me: Relax little lamb, it's just me.

And now I was ready for her to lash out at me, and honestly, that was the whole point of sending her a text-to annoy her. There was no way she could not recognize me after the nickname I just used to call her.

Miss therapist: Tell me, who the fuck are you!?

After I received the text, something inside me turned upside down. My heart started to beat faster in fear, thinking that something was wrong. She was not okay. She was actually scared.

And I need to protect her.

I kept asking her again and again about where she was and if she was okay or not. I had to know she was okay. I needed her to be okay.

And if something is wrong, I would chase anything and anybody to make her feel better.

As soon as she said that she was okay, I calmed down. But why did she sound that way?

Was she hiding something?

I knew it wasn't my concern about her personal life, but I couldn't help myself from caring about her.

And if she ever needed someone to hold her, I'd gladly be there to make her feel safe.

Miss therapist: Why? Why do you care?

She was right. Why did I care? It's not like we knew each other so long ago, so why do I feel this way? Why did I panic, thinking that something was wrong with her?

Why do I want to protect her?

If I was not able to answer myself to all these questions, then how was I supposed to answer her? I had buried my concerns and abilities to care for anyone a long time ago; why was she able to pull them out of me?

But even after all this, I knew for a fact that she deserved all the love and care in the world. She is too precious.