2.

"What are you doing here?" John asked as soon as I walked in the restaurant.

I rolled my eyes. "Weird question to ask your employee"

It's not that I hated him, I just couldn't stand being around him. He flirted with me almost every day even though I made it very clear that I wasn't interested and had a boyfriend for three years now.

"You're not working today Kara" he casually said.

"I am working today"

"You're not"

I frowned as I grabbed my phone and checked my schedule. "I'm not" I said with a smile on my face.

"But we can always use extra hands" he quickly said. It made me chuckle, as if I would actually wanna work on my day off.

"I am not working today John" I said as I walked out of the restaurant, giving him a quick wave.

I had an unexpected day off and I knew exactly how I wanted to spend it.

I knew that Cooper had a day off today, he was working in a big company as a financial director. It was safe to say that he made a lot more money than I did, but that was never a problem in our relationship.

I walked in his apartment only a couple of minutes later. He gave me the key to his apartment a year ago, but I never really used it. Most of the times, he expected me or he picked me up from work.

As soon as I walked into his flat, I knew something was wrong. A purse on the kitchen counter, a bra on the couch. I walked to the couch and looked at it. Obviously it wasn't one of mine, I'd never wear something that tacky.
I walked further into his flat, it was as if I was following a trail of clothes into the bedroom. Heels, a shirt, his trousers.

I didn't have to open the door to know what would happen, to know what I would see. But I did it anyway.

He was fucking another girl.

I felt my heart break into a million pieces. Why did I open the goddamn door? I would never be able to erase that image from my mind.

I slammed the door behind me and ran out of there. I didn't want him to follow me, I didn't want to see him. I needed to get drunk, I needed alcohol, I needed to forget.

"Vodka straight please" I said as I walked into the first bar I came across.

There was another girl sitting next to me who chuckled a little. "Tough day?"

"You could say that. I just caught my boyfriend in bed with another girl"

She obviously didn't expect me to drop this bomb on her. I didn't even know her, but I didn't care.

"I'm sorry to hear that," she said quietly. "I just broke up with my boyfriend as well"

I turned my face to her, it was the first time I actually looked at her.