7.

Charles never texted me.

A month has passed and he never texted or called me. I guess he wasn't interested in faking a relationship.
I was a little disappointed, but I completely understood his decision. It was much harder for him because he had a lot of eyes on him.

A lot had changed in the past month, at least for Aimée. She was dating a McLaren mechanic, and like everyone else she ever dated, I hated him.I don't know why, but she always fell for the same kind of jerks.

I didn't even know why she started dating Rhys when it was obvious Lando liked her. He gave her two paddock passes for the Monaco weekend.
One for her and one for me.

So there we were, walking around the paddock together.

"I can't believe we are actually here" I said enthusiastically. It wasn't a lie, I was excited to be here but I was also a little nervous about seeing Charles again.

"We are way too early though, so I guess we will wait in the hospitality" Aimée said as we walked in the big orange building, but I was more interested in the red building.

"Hi Aimée, good to see you again" a blonde girl greeted her. I didn't know who she was and I didn't really care too much but she was nice. We actually had a really nice talk with her.
I could see that Aimée wasn't really interested in talking to her either because her eyes lit up as soon as Lando walked in.

"Hi guys" Lando said as he walked to us. "And you must be Kara" he looked straight in my eyes. I could feel his eyes traveling over my body.

"I am, thanks again for the free drinks that night in the club" I jokingly said and he started laughing a little before sitting down next to me.

Aimée hated that, she was clearly jealous, why couldn't she just admit it?

I wasn't interested in Lando at all, especially since I knew my best friend liked him and he clearly liked her.

"Okay Lando, I know you like her" I said as I leaned closer to him. I turned my back just a little to Aimée, she was busy talking to the blonde girl anyway.

He tilted his head a little. "What do you mean?"

"I'm not blind, just follow my lead" I said as I started laughing and put my hand on his arm.

I noticed how confused he was, until he saw the look on Aimée's face. She may hate me for this right now, but she was gonna thank me later.

Lando couldn't stay for long because he had to get ready for the last practice session, unfortunately for him, he ended up in the wall, crashing his entire car.

Aimée went to see him in his drivers room, so it gave me a little time to explore the paddock. It was unreal to think I was walking through the paddock, especially in Monaco.

"Kara" someone said from behind me. I didn't even need to look behind me to see who it was. I recognized his voice, his accent.

"Charles" I nodded at him.

"What are you doing here?"

I tilted my head a little, trying to think of the best answer. "I was invited."

"Good" he nodded as well.

"Good"

I was ready to walk away because I honestly had nothing else to say to him. Except for the fact that he was looking absolutely hot in his racing suit.
But I wasn't gonna tell him that. No way.

Charles grabbed my arm just as I was about to walk away. "Kara, I'm sorry I didn't text you, but..."

"Don't worry, I can handle being rejected."

His grip on my arm softened, just a little, but he still wasn't letting me go.

"Are you still up for it?"

Was he serious about this? He left me in the dark for a month and now he asked me if I still wanted this?
But I would be lying if I told him that I didn't still want this.

"I do" I said softly, almost whispering.

He brushed his hand against my arm and smiled a little. "Please meet me at my place after the race. I'll text you my address"

I chuckled a little. "I'll be there, if you don't forget to text me this time"

"I won't" he shook his head laughing before returning to his garage. He probably needed to get ready for quali.

I definitely didn't expect this to happen when I walked in the paddock this morning.

Charles

Here is my address.
I told you I wouldn't forget to text you, love 😉

Love?

Just practicing for when we are dating

Ohhh
Okay thanks for the text Charlie 😉

Don't ever call me that again

Don't tease me like that