14.

I had a few breakdowns the days before the next raceweekend.
Not because of Charles, but because of Cooper.

He didn't seem to care that I was dating someone else. It was stupid to think he would. It was clear that he didn't give a shit about me.

But today wasn't about me, it was our first appearance together in the paddock.

I expected to be more nervous than I actually was, maybe because Charles assured me it would be fine. I trusted him.

"So how are we gonna do this?" I asked. Charles just parked the car. "I hold your hand and you just have to look cute" he grabbed his stuff from the back and looked at me. "Shouldn't be a problem for you"

"Everyone looks quite bad next to you though" I nudged him a little, but it was the truth. He outshined everyone.

"Not you though" he said as he held his hand out for me. I grabbed it and walked with him in the paddock.

I could feel my heart beating in my throat. I guess the nerves were there after all. Charles squeezed my hand a little, as if he could feel that I was nervous.

Everyone looked at us, putting their camera's in our faces. They asked him a lot of questions, but he pretty much ignored them all.
They didn't need to know who I was, not yet at least.

Mystery keeps people talking and that was exactly what he wanted.

"You did great" he praised me as we walked in the hospitality.

I did nothing though, but why were my cheeks turning red at his little praise?

"I'm finally meeting the mystery girl" Carlos said as he was standing in front of me. I never met him, but I obviously did my research.

"You can just call me Kara" I laughed as I shook his hand. "And you can call me Carlos"

"But you're late and we have a meeting" Carlos said and pointed at Charles.

Charles leaned closer to me and kissed my cheek gently. "I'll see you later okay?" I nodded. "If you need me, text me" he reassured me.
He wasn't acting anymore because Carlos already walked off, he really wanted me to be fine.

I didn't care to be on my own for a while. I grabbed some water and sat down outside the hospitality.
But I didn't need to be on my own for long because Aimée walked up to me with a smile on her face.

"So you're officially Lando's girlfriend now" I said. I saw the picture on Lando's instagram and I loved that for her.

"Yes look at us, Lando's and Charles' girlfriends sitting together" she smirked and sat down in front of me. She was obviously teasing me because she knew Charles and I weren't dating for real.

"So we need to celebrate the fact that Lando and I are officially dating, don't you think?" She looked at me and I immediately nodded.
I was in desperate need of a girlsnight, or to go out, or to go drinking.

Charles soon walked out of the hospitality and walked up to us. "Congratulations on announcing your relationship and good luck" Charles chuckled.

He put his hands on my shoulders as he was standing behind me. I had to admit that I kinda liked his touches.

"Thanks, we wanted to celebrate by going out for dinner together" Aimée smiled at Charles. "So it would be fun if you could come too"

This little shit, what was she doing? She knew Charles and I weren't dating for real, but still she asked him on a double date?

"Yes, that would be nice" Charles nodded. "But I have to go to the garage. I'll see you later amour" he kissed my cheek and walked off.

Great, she scared him away.

"How long are you gonna keep this up?" Aimée asked as she crossed her arms.
Six months Aimée, six months. "Are you falling for him? What's going on Kara?"

No, I'm definitely not falling for him.

"I thought it would bother Cooper, I thought he would run back to me if he saw someone like Charles liked me" I admitted. It was time I finally admitted it to someone.

"Cooper is not good for you though, he cheated on you Kara" she put her hand on my arm and looked at me. "I know, I know"

But unfortunately my heart was louder than my brain.

"Cooper came looking for you the other day, he was drunk and outside our apartment." She said as if she already regretted it.

I looked up. "He did? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because he's an asshole, just like Liam and Rhys" her two exes were nothing like Cooper. I couldn't believe she didn't tell me.

I got up and looked at her. "I have to go to the garage as well and you've to support Lando" I already started walking away but then I remembered what shit she dragged me into. "See you at dinner"

The last thing I wanted to do was to sit down for dinner with her. She was probably gonna make us feel uncomfortable.

She definitely needed to mind her own business.