10.

Charles didn't know what was going on and if I was honest. I wasn't sure either. He left for Barcelona a couple of hours ago. I guess it was my last weekend being 'single'. Our act started next weekend so I was gonna enjoy my free time as much as possible.

I was sitting on the couch and watching tv when Aimée walked in. "Wow you're back soon, the race weekend didn't even start yet" I said sarcastically.
She didn't reply, she just walked to the kitchen and sat down on the kitchen counter, putting her bag next to her.

"What happened Aimée?" I asked as I walked up to her. I couldn't help but look in her bag because it was unusual for her to bring such a big bag with her.

Fuck, it was filled with watches, expensive watches. Lando's watches.. "Are this..." I took a watch out of her bag.
"Oh my God, you stole his watches?" I turned to her, putting the watch back. I couldn't believe her. Lando was so sweet and she just robbed him?

"My mom said she was in a lot of debt. I-I just believed her" she said as she looked down. "So you wanted to give these to her?" I looked at the watches. I just couldn't look at her.
"Tell me the entire story please" I said as I grabbed a bottle of wine and two glasses.

She had a lot of explaining to do.

—————————

She told me the entire story. Her mom manipulated her once again, she had too much hope for them to reconcile. I felt bad for her because her mother was an absolute bitch.

"And when were you gonna tell that you're close to Lando?" I asked. "Way closer than you told me?" I continued.
I didn't expect Lando to come to our apartment, so desperate, but I could feel his love for her.

"Okay we are very close, we used to have sex almost every night" she explained and I just nodded. I expected that already.

"But you knew that" she titled her head a little.
"I had a suspicion. Did you realize he is the one who's paying for the food deliveries?" she shook her head. How could she not know? It was quite obvious if she just looked at the name on the deliveries.

"I need to get to Barcelona" she sighed a little.
"Yes you do" I nodded in agreement. "But it's useless, because I can't even get in the paddock" Aimée sighed. I didn't want to help her, maybe she didn't deserve it, but on the other hand, they are cute together. Maybe I had to help.

"Give me a minute" I said as I grabbed my phone and walked out of the room.

I didn't really want to ask Charles for help, but I had to do this, for Aimée and Lando. I quickly started facetiming him and it didn't take him long to pick up.

"Miss me already?" he smiled. I rolled my eyes "No, but I need you"

"You need me?" he looked confused, maybe I used the wrong words.

"I need you to give Aimée paddock passes for this weekend"

He was still looking confused but he didn't ask any more questions. He also saw what happened yesterday so he probably knew there was something going on between them.

He nodded. "Aren't you coming with her? I would much rather give you some passes"

I shook my head. Unfortunately, I couldn't come because I had to work. "No, but I'll watch your race on tv" I smiled. "Thanks Charles, I really appreciate it"

He shrugged his shoulders a little. "Don't worry Kara. Tell her I'll wait for her and give it to her in front of the paddock"

"I will. Good luck Charles"

"Bye Kara"

We both hung up and I walked back in the room with my phone in my hand. "So Charles is gonna wait for you on Friday to give you a pass" I said casually.

"Wait, Charles?" she said in disbelief. She obviously didn't know about Charles and I.
I never told her and I wasn't gonna tell her now. "Nothing exciting happened, we just met each other" I shrugged my shoulders with a little smile on my face.

It was a lie, but I wanted her to fix her problems first before I could tell her about my mess.
It was a mess, a mess that would last six months, but I would have enough money to leave Monaco after those six months.

And there was nothing I wanted more. Get the hell out of Monaco and never come back.