9.

"I will walk you back home" Charles said after we signed the contract he made.

It was still weird he made a contract, but I guess he didn't want me to fuck him over.
I wouldn't, I wouldn't fuck him, not literally nor figuratively.

"Why? I am a big girl" I roll my eyes. It's not as if I needed him to chaperone me. "Besides, Aimée might be home"

"I don't care, we are supposed to be dating, right?"

"Right"

I decide not to fight him, he wasn't gonna give up either way.

After a short walk, we arrived in front of my apartment building. "Alright, thanks for walking me home"

"So you're not gonna invite me inside? I'm quite thirsty" he said with a little smirk on his face.

I roll my eyes again, gesturing him to follow me. "But you have to stop doing that" he said, pointing at me.

"What?" I shrugged.

"Rolling your eyes at me. It's not what couples do" he chuckled as he followed me to my apartment.

That was exactly what couples do, what kind of relationships did he have in the past?

I decided not to pay attention to his remark. I was praying Aimée wasn't home. I didn't want to explain this to her.
Would she understand?
Probably.
Would she make endless remarks about it? Definitely.

As I opened the door, I heard nothing, so she probably wasn't home, but sometimes she was reading in her room, so I wanted to check her room first.

"Stay here please" I looked at Charles who just nodded and sat down on the couch.

I made my way to her room and knocked softly before opening her door.
She was sitting on her bed, not reading though. She was just staring ahead of her.

"Are you okay?" I asked softly. It startled her a little because she quickly grabbed her bag and nodded.

"Yes I am going to the airport" she said with a forced smile on her face.

The airport? She probably was going to Barcelona with Lando. "So, it all worked out with Lando?"

She didn't reply. She just nodded before walking as fast as she could to the front door.
She didn't even notice Charles, who was sitting on the couch.

He raised his eyebrow as he looked at me. I knew what he was asking me, I just didn't have an answer for him.

I grabbed two bottles of water and sat down next to him on the couch.
"So when do we start this fake relationship?"

"I think it's best to start it next raceweekend. I'll drop some hints here and there this weekend in Barcelona" Charles said as he grabbed the bottle and took a couple of sips from it.

Why was such a simple action so attractive?

I nodded. I didn't really know what to say. Why was he making me so nervous all of a sudden?

The doorbell shook me out of my thoughts.

"Hello?" I said through the intercom. I expected it to be Aimée, which was stupid because she had a key.

"Kara? It's Lando. Please let me in"

Fuck. I quickly looked at Charles and pointed at my room while I pressed the button to open the front door.

"Go hide in my room" I didn't know why, but I didn't want to explain things to Lando either.

Charles sighed, got up and walked to my room. Just in time before Lando walked in the apartment.

"Where is she?" Lando said as he looked at me. "She's not here"

I assumed he was talking about Aimée. Who else would he be talking about.
He didn't listen, he just walked to her room and looked around.

"I said she isn't here" I said a little louder. Also because I didn't want him to find Charles.

He sat down on the edge of her bed with a sigh.

"What's wrong Lando?" I asked as I sat down next to him. "Do you know where she went?"

"She went to the airport, I thought she went to Barcelona with you? But clearly she wasn't going with him to Barcelona.

What was this little shit doing now?

"I was starting to fall for her, so badly" he mumbled.
As if I didn't know that already.

He was the one who bought all these delivery orders. He probably tried to be sneaky but he ordered them on his name.
I never told Aimée about it though, maybe I should have told her.

God, could this situation be any weirder? I was sitting on Aimée's bed with one driver while another one was hiding in my room.