4.

I left with a random guy last night and I regretted it as soon as I woke up. I have never left someone's apartment as fast as I left that guy's place.

Also because I had to work, I completely forgot that I had taken the early shift, and now I regretted it.

I rehearsed my fake smile on the way there and had to use it immediately when I walked in.

"Rough night?" John laughed.

I frowned and put my hand to my chest. "No, not at all." I responded and acted as if I was offended by his question. Needless to say that he didn't make any comments for the rest of the day.

"New table," John said as he pointed to some guys sitting outside.

I grabbed some menus and walked over to them. "Hi guys, I'm Kara and I'll be your waitress today," I said as I handed them the menus. I looked at them, they were pretty handsome, all of them but my heart stopped as I looked at one of them.

Fuck it was Charles Leclerc. I didn't know much about Formula one, but everyone who lived in Monaco knew him.
I saw him a couple of times, but I never talked to him before.

Our hands touched slightly as he picked up the menu and smiled. "Thanks, Kara."

"I-I'll give you a few minutes to decide," I stammered as I walked away.

What was wrong with me? Pull yourself together, Kara.

I couldn't stop looking at her, at him. He was laughing with what I assumed were his friends. He had such a beautiful smile.

I walked up to them again. "What are we getting today?" I smiled at all of them. They all ordered something different, so I wrote it all down.

It was a pretty busy day so I had my hands full with all the orders and customers. Unfortunately it meant that I couldn't look at Charles a lot.

I didn't even notice they left, they didn't ask for the check, they just left some money on the table. They left way too much money, they even gave me a huge tip.
My heart fluttered a little.

——————

I closed the restaurant and it was quite late when I walked back home. I felt a few raindrops on my face. Fuck, it was going to rain and I wasn't even halfway home.

But I also had this eerie feeling, I had this feeling a lot lately, like someone was following me. I quickly looked behind me, but I was alone, or so it seemed.

I put the cap of my jacket over my head and started walking faster. It was pouring.

"Gorgeous weather for a walk" I heard someone say. I startled me a little.

I quickly turned my head and saw a black Ferrari next to me. A car everyone in Monaco knew who it belonged to.

Charles.

"It's not that bad" I said as I noticed the rain started coming down faster and harder. "My apartment is only 10 minutes away"

Charles rested his arm on his steering wheel as he chuckled a little. An action that had no right to be so attractive. "Get in"

I shook my head. "I'm sure you have better things to do than take me home," and it would be so awkward. I didn't know him at all - except that he was attractive. "Walking clears my head especially after such a busy day"

Stop talking.

He looked at me as he titled his head. "Get in the car, Kara"

I got into the car, but only because I didn't want to get completely soaked.

"Thanks for the tip," I broke the silence. I hated that kind of silence, that awkward silence. I was desperate to break it.

"Excuse me?" he said as he stopped in front of a red light. It gave him the chance to look at me.

"The tip. At the restaurant" I explained. How could he not remember that?

When the light turned green again, the sound of the engine muffled his next sentence. "Oh, right. The waitress was cute so she deserved it"

I wasn't expecting that answer, so it took me completely by surprise. I didn't know how to respond. I couldn't just say 'thank you,' that was way too casual.

"To the right here" is the answer I came up with.

Good job Kara.

It was only a short ride, so not much later he pulled up in front of my building. "Thank you for driving me home. I'd be so wet if I walked home and being wet is absolutely the worst. I mean...not all the time, but when you have clothes on."

STOP TALKING

Charles laughed at my rambling. "It's definitely much better to be wet when you're naked."

"Right" I smiled and opened the door. "Thanks again"

He just nodded before he drove away.

He must think I'm a complete idiot.