13.

The yacht party was amazing. His friends were lovely and so was his family.

Everyone left, but it was already late. Charles was saying goodbye to the last people to leave so I was sitting alone on the edge of the yacht, staring at the harbor, at the water.

I loved Monaco, I loved everything here but I had to leave. Everything reminded me of Cooper.
He fucked me over so badly and I couldn't get him out of my mind.

"Nice view huh?" Charles said. I quickly turned my head to him. "It's okay, I've seen better views"

He started laughing. "You're hard to impress"

He sat down next to me, his arm brushed against mine. "Thank you for today, my friends definitely like you"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Just doing my job"

"What's wrong?" He tilted his head.

I can't stop thinking about my shitty ex, that's what's wrong Charles. I wanted to spend my life with him, I gave him everything I had to offer and it still wasn't enough.
He still fucked me over.

I still wasn't good enough.

"Nothing, tired" I said as I wiped my tears away and got up. "I am going home"

"Kara" his hand grabbed my arm as he got up as well. "You're not going home"

The music was still playing in the background. If we were actually dating, it actually would be very romantic.

"You don't have to tell me what's wrong but you're not going home this late"

I chuckled a little. "I am a big girl"

"I know you are, but you're still not going home"

There was no point in fighting him, he wouldn't let me go home and if I was honest, I actually didn't want to go home.
I felt safe with him, I wanted to stay with him.

We both decided to spend the night on the yacht. It had a few bedrooms, but for some reason, we still ended laying in the same bed.
Not because we liked each other, but because I didn't want to be alone on this big yacht.

"Where's the next race at?" I crawled on the bed, still wearing my clothes. "Austria" he answered, walking out of the bathroom.
My eyes scanned over his body, he was only wearing his underwear, so he was shirtless.

I didn't want to stare but my eyes weren't listening to my brain right now. He was so fucking hot.

"Are you gonna sleep in that?" He pointed at me, still fully clothed.

I shrugged. "It's not as if I have something to sleep in here" and I wasn't gonna sleep in my lingerie.

He sighed and grabbed a shirt just to throw it in my face. "That's not even covering half of my ass" I said as I looked at the shirt.

"Don't worry, I won't look at your ass and besides, I've seen better views" he winked and laid down next to me.

I rolled my eyes, getting up and turning my back to him. I changed so fast, he probably couldn't even look at my ass even if he tried.

"Good night Charles" I said as I pulled the covers over my body. This bed was so soft, the pillows were extremely puffy.
So this was how money felt.

He turned off the lights. "Good night Kara"