15.

Charles did decent during the practice sessions but I knew he would like to finish higher, even if it was just practice.

Once again, I was sitting alone, waiting for him to finish changing. It was a lot of waiting around.

My mind kept wandering to what Aimée told me about Cooper. He came to see me, he was drunk and jealous so it did bother him after all.

I shouldn't be happy to know he was miserable, but I was. He was part of the reason why I agreed to this.

"I am sorry you had to wait so long" Charles said as he put his hands on my shoulders. I looked up at him and tried to shrug it off.

I wasn't gonna complain because he was doing his job, but it definitely was boring to sit around and wait.

"It's okay Charles but we have to go" I said while standing up. He tilted his head a little. "Dinner with Lando and Aimée" I reminded him.

"I didn't forget, I just wanted to check if you still knew" he laughed.

I rolled my eyes, he definitely forgot but I couldn't blame him because I actually wasn't excited for it either.

We got ready pretty fast but we were still too late. We walked in the restaurant together, my hand in his.

"Are we interrupting something?" Charles chucked and sat down in front of Lando.
"Yes" Lando said at the same time Aimée shook her head no.

"Hi babe" I greeted Aimée by kissing her cheek. I couldn't show her that I wanted to go back to our hotel room as soon as possible.

"So how long have you been together?" Lando asked as he was stuffing his face with food. Did he know? Did Aimée tell him that we weren't dating for real?

Charles looked at me. "A few months I think?" I just nodded in agreement.

Lando looked up at us. "Who fell first?"

Can this little shit stop with these questions?

"Uh.." Charles looked at me, begging for me to help him. "I guess we both fell at the same time" I quickly said with a smile on my face.

We didn't fell at all Lando. We aren't even at the point of jumping.

Fortunately, Lando seemed content with our answers because he stopped questioning us.

————————

"I don't think they believe us" Charles said as we walked back in our hotel room, or his hotel room, I was just staying with him.

Well Charles, Aimée definitely didn't believe us because she knew we weren't dating and Lando probably didn't care too much.

"The only people who have to believe it, is your team and your ex, right?" I mumbled as I walked to the bathroom.

"Did she contact you already?" I asked. "No" he quickly answered.

I sighed. Why didn't she just contact him? He would probably call this arrangement off early if she wanted him back.

I put on shorts and a shirt and walked back in the room. Charles was taking off his shirt and turned to me.

This man had an impressive body to say the least.

"On which side do you sleep?" I tried to act as casually as possible. "I don't care, you can choose"

"Alright, then I'm taking the left side" it would be the first time we were gonna sleep together and not because we wanted to, not because we liked or loved each other.

Because we had to. Because it would be too obvious if we didn't sleep in the same room.

"Are you okay?" He asked, crawling in bed next to me. "Yes I'm fine, how are you?"

He chuckled a little. "I'm laying in bed with a beautiful girl who seems to hate me" he turned his face to me. "So it could be better"

"I don't hate you, why would I?" Was I being rude to him? I don't think I was.

"Because I dragged you into this"

"You didn't drag me into this, we agreed on this together" I snuggled under the covers. "Besides, there are worse things than laying next to someone as handsome as you"

His face lit up and he wrapped his arm around me, pulling me closer.
I told myself I wouldn't cuddle with him, but I already broke that rule.

We fell asleep in each other arms and I knew, I just knew this would be the beginning of the end.