12.

But before our first race weekend together, we had our first real test.

Charles invited all his friends, some drivers and my two best friends to a yacht party.
It was gonna be the first time we had to pretend to like each other, to be in love with each other.

Aimée was the only one who knew the truth. I told her and her face didn't hide the fact that she hated it.
She knew it wasn't a good idea.

"So this is all yours?" I looked at Charles as he was giving me a tour on his yacht. He told me he had a boat and silly me, I thought he meant a little boat.

He didn't own a boat, he owned a freaking yacht.

He nodded.

Our conversation was cut off by someone walking on the yacht. Charles' face lit up when he saw him.

"Hi brother good to see you" he said as he hugged him. "This is Kara, my girlfriend"

My heart fluttered a little, hearing him calling me his girlfriend definitely did something to me even though it was fake.

"Hi Kara, I'm Arthur" he smiled and pulled me in a hug. This family definitely liked hugs. "It's good to finally meet you, he couldn't stop talking about you"

Arthur, I like you but that's a lie because we are not actually dating.

I pretended as if I didn't know he was lying and smiled. "Only good things I hope?" I wrapped my arms around Charles' waist and pushed my body closer to his.

"No, some horrible things as well, I'll tell you about them when we're alone" he laughed and winked at me.

Charles nudged him and grumbled something in French. Fuck, I wish I could speak French or at least understood what they were saying.

I tried learning the language when I moved to Monaco but it was way too difficult.
My dad was French, hence my last name but I lived most of my life in Australia.

Until I turned 18 and decided I wanted to travel. Needless to say, I ended up in Monaco after falling in love with this country.

I just wish I could speak the language. But soon enough, my translator walked on the yacht.
She was as impressed with this yacht as I was.

"I am so happy you guys are here" I said as I walked to Josh and Aimée.

"Champagne?" I asked and walked to the back of the yacht. "Obviously" Josh laughed.
A couple of Charles' friends were sitting on the edges of the yacht.
I didn't meet all of them, I was actually happy my friends arrived.

I grabbed the bottle out of the ice bucket and poured the champagne in three glasses, handing them to Josh and Aimée.

"My two best friends are both daring a F1 driver. I can get used to this" Josh said and sipped from his drink.

Oh Josh, if you only knew.

"So where are the guys?" Aimée asked, probably trying to change the subject.
I didn't need to answer because Charles and Lando were walking up to us together.

Lando immediately kissed Aimée. His hand cupping her face, they were so cute together.

I turned my head to Charles and smiled. I didn't expect him to kiss me, but he did.
He kissed me, in front of his friends, in front of my friends.

It was a quick peck on my lips but I could feel my cheeks turn red.

"Can I talk to you?" Charles whispered in my ear. I nodded and got up, following him to somewhere private.

"Are you okay?" His voice was low, concerned. I nodded. "Why wouldn't I be okay?"

"I don't know, just making sure you're comfortable" he smiled and tucked my hair behind my ear.
I looked around, was he doing this because someone was looking?

There was no one, he was putting on a show for no one.

"I am very comfortable. Your friends and family are lovely" I said as I looked down. Not because I was shy, but because I didn't want him to notice how affected I was by his touches.

He chuckled and put his fingers under my chin, making me look back up, right in his eyes. "I am sure they love you"

If only you did as well.