5.

Charles' POV

"Charles are you even listening?" My manager said annoyed. I didn't need to listen to know what he was talking about. He was talking about my poor performance and on top of that, Charlotte broke up with me only a week ago.

"Yes"

He walked up to me and grabbed the remote to turn the tv off. It's not like I was actually watching whatever was on but it distracted me from him. "You think it's funny or something?"

I sat up and looked him in the eyes. "No I don't think it's funny but you're blaming me for Ferrari's poor strategy and I bet it's my fault Charlotte broke up with me?"

"I never said that, but you can't blame Ferrari for your spin in Australia"

He was right about that. I couldn't blame them for my mistake but I could blame them for a lot of other things.
Like the poor strategy they decided on during the Monaco Grand Prix last year. Yes, I was still not over that. I could only hope this year would be better.

"I need some fresh air" I said as I grabbed my jacket and walked passed him.

"It's raining?"

"I don't care" I grabbed my keys and walked out of my apartment.

I loved Monaco, but sometimes I wish I could just walk around without people noticing me, without people wanted to take pictures together.
But I couldn't, so most of the times I just took my car to go to places.

One of my favorite places to go to was my yacht, not because I liked the luxury on it, but because it was a place I could be alone and enjoy the fresh air without people walking up to me.

As I was walking to the yacht I noticed someone sitting on the docks. There weren't many people who would sit in the pouring rain just to watch the boats.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I walked up to her.

She looked up at me, it was the girl from the restaurant. "You really like the rain huh"

She shrugged her shoulders laughing. There was something about her, she was clearly not okay. I saw that from the moment I saw her in that restaurant, she tried to smile through the pain but her eyes showed a different thing.

"I like the sound and the smell of fresh rain" she turned her face again to the boats.

I held my hand out for her and gestured her to stand up. "Let's go"

"You're bossy" she said but she still grabbed my hand so I could pull her up.

I laughed a little. "I know a nicer place to watch the boats"

She followed me to my yacht and sat down. She looked around before turning her attention back to me. "Nice yacht, is it yours?"

I didn't like to brag about the things I had, but she wasn't judging me, she seemed genuine interested. "It is"

She nodded and we both enjoyed the silence for a little while. I needed something to turn this bad PR around, I was done with people talking about my bad performances this year.
On top of that, Charlotte was still in my mind, all the damn time.

"Are you okay though?" She asked as she titled her head little.

I wasn't sure if she knew who I was, almost everyone in Monaco knew who I was, but for some reason she didn't seem too impressed. "So, I'm an F1 driver and.." I started but she rolled her eyes. "I know who you are Charles"

That answered my question. "My girlfriend broke up with me a week ago and it seems like she already dating some other dude" I still stalked her Instagram and she dropped several hints that she is dating someone else.

My heart broke in a million more pieces, if that was even possible.

"And my team giving me some bad PR isn't helping either" I don't know why I trusted this girl, I didn't know her at all but she was easy to talk to and she didn't seem to judge me.
It was exactly what I needed right now.

After a little pause, she broke the silence again. "I can be your fake girlfriend"

"What?"

"It will make your ex-girlfriend jealous and give the media something to talk about other than your performance at Ferrari".

It wasn't the worst idea. It would make Charlotte jealous and that's all I cared about right now. Maybe she would realize she still had feelings for me.

"But I'm not doing it for free. I want to move away from here so I need money"

As expected she wasn't doing it for nothing.

I looked at her and smiled. "I'm listening"