10

"Oh, Belly I have the perfect thing you can wear!" I grin digging through my drawers for the knit tank top I was looking for

"Oh no really its okay."

I shake my head to shush her "C'mon let me help you! I'm excited." I giggle "I haven't been on a date like ever. Let me live through you." I toss the tank top her way "Now go change."

After Belly came back she spilled to me about how she was going on a date with the boy she met last night, who I now knew was named Cameron, or Cam for short and it was just the atmosphere change that I needed. I looked through my drawers for something I could wear to Laurel's party while she changed. I felt like I had the little sister I had always wanted and I was going to take advantage of it while she let me.

"Are you sure this okay?" she pokes her head out of the bathroom connected to my room "I don't know.."

I shake my head "Come out here let me see it on."

She nods softly as she comes out to me doing a little spin, there's a soft smile on her face and I can tell that she likes it, just needed a little more reassurance.

"God Belly you're gorgeous he's going to die!" I gush grinning at her

"Please Lennox you're one to talk."

Shaking my head I pat my bed grabbing my favorite lipstick from my makeup bag and helping her put it on, "I'm serious Belly You're gorgeous."

"You are too." she argues, letting me put the makeup on her "You're not going to have any issues finding someone to be your date."

I shrug softly "We'll see about that."

Susannah leans in my doorway, a necklace in her hands "You look really cute. You are gonna have so much fun tonight." She gushes taking in Belly as she stands from my bed

"We're just going to see a movie."

"You look nice, hon." Laurel smiles helping Susannah with the necklace

"I can't believe crop tops are back. Remember how I thought I was such hot sh¡t in that baby tee I wore freshman year?" the two of them giggle reminiscing

"Have fun tonight." I smile giving Belly's hand a squeeze

"Are you not driving with us?"

"Didn't Belly tell you? She has a date."

"Sorry, Mom. Um, his name is Cam."

"Yeah, his mom works at the club."

"He's really nice." I offer up slipping my shoes on

"And really smart. Like Harvard smart." she giggles tucking her phone into her shorts

"It's fine. Of course, you can go. I've dragged you to enough of these book parties over the years. Have a great date."

"Thanks."

The three of us follow her down the stairs, huddling by the window by the front door and giggling as we watch her get into Cameron's car.

SUSANNAH had a knack for throwing parties but it certainly wasn't the type of environment that could keep four teenagers entertained for very long. Steven and Jeremiah had resorted to seeing how many stacked books they could each hold - and Conrad had stolen some of the champagne, trying to be discreet about finishing the bottle of in the corner of the bookstore. I was in my element nestled on the couch people watching as people floated around the bookstore. I'd have to come back another day and sort through what all they had here.