27

SINCE Liams departure, our beach day had been filled with nothing but laughter, good vibes and sunshine all day, but as the golden orb of the sun began its descent toward the horizon, the atmosphere shifted. It was as though the beach held its breath in anticipation of the stunning twilight display that was soon to come. Susannah and Laurel had arrived, bringing with them their infectious energy. They weren't just participants in the day's fun; they were the orchestrators, and Susannah immediately began capturing every moment with the camera that hung around her neck.

I found myself sitting on a beach towel next to Conrad, our fingers intertwined as we watched the waves crash agaisnt the shores of the almost empty brach. The atmosphere was light and carefree, as we sat together. I could feel his eyes on me before he even spoke.

"You okay Conrad?" I asked softly, my fingers gently tracing circles on his hand.

His hum is soft and barely there, and I can't help but frown as I take in his appearance. The way his brows were slightly furrowed, and his blue eyes seemed deeper, as though he carried a weight he hadn't shared. "You can tell me anything you know that."

Conrad seemed lost in thought for a moment, his gaze fixed on the horizon. Then, he turned to me, his expression serious and sincere. "Do you want me to be your escort for the deb ball Lennox?"

I was taken aback by the question, my heart skipping a beat. Clearly, Liam's taunting had really gotten to him earlier "Huh?"

He continued, his voice filled with vulnerability. "Do you want that?"

I took a deep breath, trying to find the right words "I don't want you to do something you don't want to do."

Conrad turned to face me fully, his hand gently cupping my cheek. "But I want to, Lennox. Because I don't think I could handle seeing another guy escort my girl down those steps."

His words sent a rush of warmth through me, and I couldn't help but smile. "You're sweet, Conrad."

He grinned, his thumb brushing over my cheek. "And you, Lennox, are incredible."

"Conrad, darling," Susannah called out with a bright smile, raising her camera. "Would you mind if I took a quick shot of you against this beautiful sunset?"

Conrad, nodded and started to get up, "Of course mom."

I stood too, distancing myself so I wouldn't be lurking in the background of the photo Susannah wanted to take. But it seemed like he had other plans.

He reached for my waist, his fingers grazing my skin as he gently pulled me back to him, close enough that our sides were touching. A sweet warmth washed over me as his lips pressed to my cheek, and the brief, tender kiss sent a rush of butterflies through my stomach. I could hear Susannah's camera snapping away, immortalizing the moment. Her soft laughter filled the air as she captured the picture.

I turned my head to look at Conrad, a blend of surprise and delight in my eyes. "What was that for?"

Conrad's grin was boyish and infectious. "I didn't want to be in a picture without you, Nox."

My heart swelled with emotion, and I felt a rush of affection for the man beside me.

"I'm glad," I replied with a genuine smile. "You know, I'm loving every moment of this."

"Of what?"

"Of us officially becoming an 'us'."

Conrad's gaze locked with mine, a soft, earnest light in his eyes. "Me too, Nox. Me too."

As the sun continued its descent into the sea, painting the sky with shades of orange and pink, I basked in everything today had broughten me. My connection with Conrad was growing deeper with every shared smile, every exchanged word, and every stolen kiss. Things with Belly were getting easier and I was begging to realize these friends I had made were going to be lifelong. This summer was becoming more magical with each passing day, and I couldn't wait to see where it would lead me next.

-

Very short filler chapter since the last one was so long. I'm catching up on updates since my wifi was out so there should be a few more out soon :)