22

"HEY," I grabbed Stevens arm as he tried to slip out of the kitchen unnoticed "You and I need to have a talk."

"Look Lennox.. I've got to get to work."

"What you need to do is be honest with yourself Steven." I frown shaking my head "Don't string Shayla along if you're not really interested in her. That sucks."

"I'm not stringing her along... I - what happened last night was a mistake."

"It didn't look like a mistake."

"It was I really, really like Shayla, Lennox. I don't know what the fuck I was thinking."

"I hope you mean that."

"You wont tell her?"

"As long as you fix this mess you've gotten yourself in."

He nods softly, making his way to the front door "Thank you Len."

I really hoped he would keep his word, make things right and figure out where the hell his head was. I like him and Shayla far too much to see either of them come out of the otherside of whatever they had hurt.

THE summer sun was beating down on Cousins Beach, and I was thoroughly enjoying a day of leisure at the beach house. It was one of those days where time seemed to stretch out endlessly, and I was perfectly content to lounge around. The sound of the waves crashing against the shore provided a soothing soundtrack to my thoughts.

Stretching out on a beach chair by the pool, I couldn't help but feel a sense of contentment. I had invited Shayla and Nicole over to join me for the day, hoping to make the most of our time together before the summer slipped away.

As they arrived, laughter and excitement filled the air. Shayla looked radiant in her swimsuit, and Nicole had a mischievous glint in her eye. They both always carried a sense of confidence with them no matter where they went. I wish I was like them, confident in my own skin and bold enough to let everyone know I don't give a fuck.

"Lennox!" Shayla called out, throwing her arms around me in a tight hug. "I've missed you!"

I laughed, returning her hug. "Missed you too, Shay."

Nicole joined in, and soon we were all catching up, letting the sun soak our skin as we ate some fruit Susannah had dropped outside when she noticed us out here.

"So, Lennox," Shayla began with a playful grin, "any exciting news to share?"

I glanced at her, trying to play it cool but failing miserably. "Well, you could say that."

Nicole leaned forward, curiosity piqued. "Spill it, Lennox."

I took a deep breath, a smile tugging at my lips. "Conrad and I... we admitted our feelings for each other last nigh and it was messy. I thought he regretted it last night when he followed Belly out but he made up for it."

Their reactions were a mix of excitement and surprise. Shayla clapped her hands together. "That's amazing, Lennox! So, are you guys officially a thing now?"

I chuckled, shaking my head. "Well, sort of. We're not making it official yet, but... it's something."

"Girl what do you mean messy what happened?" Nicole leaned closer, her eyes searching mine

"Belly walked in on the two of us and we got into it." I frowned softly "He followed her out and left me alone in the hallway."

She shook her head "You're better than me that boy needs to do some groveling."