Epilogue (Original Ending)

[If you didn't read the chapter previously, this is a recap of how I wanted the original story to finish]

Error and the bad sanses eventually save the kids and brought them back home safely.

A few months go by of everyone being happy, when all of a sudden, Fate makes an appearance.

Fate tells Error that the kids were never supposed to be there and that it was an accident/a glitch in the multiverses' code, and Fate would have to take the kids back to their original multiverse to restore the balance.

At first, Error is defensive and won't even think about the words Fate said about his children. Who was Fate to tell Error what to do? He was the one who found them. He was the one who cared.

In the end, though, Fate had the final choice. Error spent the final weeks with his kids- no- the kids in hopes that he would cherish their memories forever. He hopes that when they eventually grow up, they'll remember him like he'll remember them.

Although the kids had no idea what was going on in regards to the fact that they would never see this Error again, it was time for their goodbyes.

First was The Crying; PaperJam.

Error felt like he had the most emotional attachment to PJ. Even though he didn't have favourites, PJ was the first one he found and the one that started it all. It was quite strange when Fate explained that they were his and Ink's child in this other multiverse. Although strange, there was a part of Error that wished he was apart of that multiverse. Ink had kidnapped all of his kids, yes, but at least he'd be able to see all of his kids again.

"You're the best Mommy in the whole wide multiverse!" PJ had said as a goodbye, and got ready to leave.

Second, there was The Brave; Plum.

Error was also not ready to say goodbye to Plum, either. PJ and Plum were the inseparable duo, the ones that caused the most chaos, and Error would do anything to keep them together. Despite learning that Plum was supposed to be Red and Classic's child, (seriously, those two??) he always knew Plum was the bravest of them all and would do anything to protect the others.

"I don't want to say goodbye...I promise that when y-you're gone, I'll protect everyone! Especially Jammy!" Plum said, running over and hugging PaperJam for comfort.

Next was The Hurt; Sprinkle.

Looking into Sprinkle's teary-eyed face almost made Error cry. Although Jammy and Plum were the two to find Sprinkle originally, Error was so happy they did. Sprinkle's energy and joy after being all better was something Error thought of every time he saw them smile. (Dust and Blue?? Really??)

"T-Thanks for helping me...and protecting me. I hope I'll see you again." Sprinkle had said, copying Plum's movements in hugging PaperJam right after.

Up next was The Confused; Goth.

Error knew Goth lived up to his nickname when he asked why everyone was so sad. Error just smiled sadly and asked Goth to say goodbye, which he did by waving and smiling so bright Error had no idea what to say. Goth didn't talk much, but when he did, Error was always willing to listen. (He was expecting strange combinations at this point. Reaper and Geno? Huh?)

"Gwoodbwye Mummy!" He said as an afterthought when Sprinkle picked him up and carried him over to the group that was gathering.

Second to last, there was The Scared; Palette.

Error hadn't known Palette for as long as the other four, but he loved Palette all the same. He had so many fun memories with the skeleton that he didn't know which one to fixate on. (Dream and Ink? Okay, he can kinda see that one)

"I...uhm...thank you. For...for making me feel safe. And happy. I don't remember a lot, but...I don't think I've ever been as happy as I have with you. I'll miss you a lot...goodbye..." Palette joined the group, avoiding all eye contact.

Lastly, there was The Unwanted; Crescent.

Error was surprised to see Crescent looking so upset with the fact that he wasn't going to see him again. Then again, they're all kids and have a right to be emotional like all adults. Error remembers Crescent as being the last to join their funky little family, but that doesn't mean the love was unbalanced. He was one of the funniest kids and he hoped he stayed that way when he got older. (Nightmare and Killer is the only one that makes sense)

"Im not good with things like this but...thanks I guess. Uh. Bye." He quickly went away, going to the group.

Error stood, this time alone, with no kids gripping at his clothes to try and climb him or being poked at when they needed something. The Anti-Void was going to be empty again.

"Are you ready?" Fate had asked, looking at the six kids. Every single one of them said nothing, until Plum made the first move. He left the group, running for Error. Error crouched down, letting Plum hug him tightly. The rest quickly followed, all giving him one last group hug.

After that, they all waved goodbye as Fate left through a portal, taking his kids with him.

Because they were his kids. He cared for them like he'd never cared for anything before. He treated them as best he could, despite being awful and leaving them alone sometimes. He was going to miss being a Mom.

He stood, alone, in that same spot for a very very long time. Staring off into the distance as it sank it that they were actually gone.

With a deep breath, he returned...home. No, it wasn't home without his kids. It was the Anti-Void. The empty void. His soul was as empty as this place without the liveliness. Toys were still littered around, paintings and drawings alike were still across the "floors," and a painting PaperJam and Palette were making of everyone smiling and being happy would never be finished.

He didn't mind the loneliness of the Anti-Void, but without his kids, it was going to be the loneliest place in the whole multiverse.

He missed his void.

His void of abandoned children.

————————————

ANDDD THATS THE SUMMARY! Yep, it wasn't gonna be a happy ending...sorry about that!

I kinda went a bit overboard cause I got into a flow...but yeah, hope you enjoyed this closure for a story I started two YEARS ago! :]

I'm not gonna be posting on Wattpad at all (probably) anymore, so if you wanna follow me elsewhere, I have an AO3 and a Twitter! But if you'll never see me again, I hope you enjoyed reading!

See you on the flip side! (Also, please comment your thoughts about the ending!!)