Chapter One: The Crying

-=Error's POV=-
I was just finishing up an AU, when I heard crying from behind a tree. 'Had I forgotten someone?' I thought to myself, reviewing the code. Nope, no one should be here. Then why did I hear something? I looked at the code again and came up with a theory.

What if this person was like Ink and I, not in any AU's code, but rather an abnormality of some sort? I closed the code and started for the tree.

I looked behind the tree to see a small, black boned skeleton with strange colourful clothes and a scarf almost identical to Ink's. They had paint splotches on their face and some parts of their body seem to float around them. They looked up from their knees and saw me, with big pink eyes and changing pupils like Ink.

Why did they have mine and Ink's features? I shook it off, curious of the child, and wanted to know more about him.
"What's yoUr namE?" I asked in the most non-glitchy voice I could.
"P-PaperJam...some people c-call me Jammy or PJ..." The child said, the slightest bit of glitching in their voice.
"I won't hUrt you. I ProMise." I said. Although I hated promises, this'll have to do. I couldn't just leave this kid out in the snow.

"What happenEd for yOu to end uP hEre?" I said, again curious about PJ.
"W-Well Mommy left me saying they n-needed to get something and will be r-right back, but t-they never c-came b-b-back!" PJ said, getting choked by tears and hugged me. He hugged me and yet...I didn't even panic. I just hugged him back, hoping Ink wouldn't show up and take the kid away. Although I just met them, I could feel a weird connection to the kid. I felt like I needed to protect him no matter what. I decided then and there that I would raise this kid as my own.

I hugged him tighter, not the uncomfortable kind, but the comforting kind.
"I could be yOur new MomMy if you wAnt..." I said, regretting my words a little. Why didn't I say Dad?
"R-Really?" PJ looked up at me, hope filling his eye sockets.
"YeAh." I said. Then everything spilled out. PJ started ranting on and on about his life, from how he only remembers that someone left him, to meeting me. He told me that he was 5 1/2 years old, that he hasn't eaten in 2 months, and that he already unlocked his magic. For such a small and young skeleton, he was impressive. At least to me, anyway.

"Can you sHow me yoUr magiC?" I asked him. His face lit up, reminding me too much of Ink.
"Yes, yes!!" PJ said happily and started using their magic. I was shocked to figure out what they were doing. They were using strings, like me. But instead of blue strings, they were rainbow. He then reached in his pocket and pulled out three small paintbrushes. He used them like how Ink would use his big PAINtbrush. This kid was something else.

He then teleported around, using a mix of strings and paint. By accident, he created a like flower.
"Whoops!" He said and laughed it off as he destroyed it with his fingertips. I stared at him in awe as he continued to use his magic, showing off all he knew. He obviously needed some training, ever move he made was sloppy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"That was amaZing, PJ!" I exclaimed when he was finally done. He sighed from exhaustion, using too much magic.
"T-Thanks, Mommy..." PJ said and dozed off. I managed to grab him before he touched the cold snow, and opened a portal to the Anti-Void. I quickly deleted the remaining code of the now empty AU, and went into the portal.

PJ called me Mommy. I really didn't mind, I kinda liked it. Me, the destroyer of universes, a mom. I laughed to myself and then placed PJ on the beanbag chair. The beanbag chair was one of the only things in my Anti-Void, my home.

I realized that I needed to destroy at least five more AUs today, to keep the balance. I was kinda forced into this job, but I really didn't mind it. I liked hearing the screams from the monsters. I looked at PJ one last time. Something was missing, but what? 'How could I be so stupid!' I thought to myself, giving my face a little facepalm. I reached into my storage of my knitting things and pulled out one of my previous works, a comfy blue blanket. I placed it onto PJ and with a satisfied grin, I went to destroy Underpants #56.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After destroying three AUs, a fight with Ink, and an injured leg, I returned back to the Anti-Void to check on my newly found son. Heh, son. But when I checked the beanbag, he wasn't there.
"PJ? PaperJam? Are you here?" I called, limping a little due to my leg. I realized the blanket I had put on PJ was shaking.
"PaperJam?" I said out loud as I took the blanket away.

Sure enough, PaperJam was under it, still asleep. 'Probably having a nightmare' I thought and picked up PJ, sat in the chair, put him on my lap and started humming Papyrus' theme song. He seemed to calm down, the humming comforting him somehow. I sighed, knowing I'd have to get up soon to destroy. But my body didn't let me.

I felt so safe and just overall nice with a kid sleeping in my lap. It was calming, relaxing you could say. I started to drift off to sleep, forgetting about my job and just caring about PJ. As my vision faded to black, I thought of a question.

Why did I care so much?
—————————————————
Not as long as I had hoped, but you know! As you know, this isn't canon AT ALL XD

Words: 1012